Discussion Saints drinks

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
I’ve been trying some zero alcohol beers for a couple of weeks and some are really very good.

Anyway being Anzac Day and the saints are on I’ve broken the drought with a few full strength beers, belhaven Scottish ale is going down very well.

Milo with some mushies
Jesus you've really descended into lunacy mate, what has this club done to you?

Go watch the football, seeing Collingwood get done warms the heart.

I’ve been trying some zero alcohol beers for a couple of weeks and some are really very good.

Anyway being Anzac Day and the saints are on I’ve broken the drought with a few full strength beers, belhaven Scottish ale is going down very well.
May as well flush your paycheque down the toilet mate

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
May as well flush your paycheque down the toilet mate
I quite like them and they’re pretty cheap around $10 generally and they beat drinking coke.

I like to take a break from time to time plus I’ve always mixed up what I drink, sometimes I like a glass of wine another week a few spirits etc.

I quite like them and they’re pretty cheap around $10 generally and they beat drinking coke.

I like to take a break from time to time plus I’ve always mixed up what I drink, sometimes I like a glass of wine another week a few spirits etc.
What's on the menu tonight? Those?

16204235875322842027653076197951.jpg

Tried Goat the other day and it's really tasty. Lots of flavour. Couldn't do a whole session on it but good for a couple of quiet ales.
Anyone tried the Balvenie 17 y/o double wood. Tastes like bit like Christmas pudding. Bloody magnificent.

View attachment 1121251
Tried Goat the other day and it's really tasty. Lots of flavour. Couldn't do a whole session on it but good for a couple of quiet ales.
Anyone tried the Balvenie 17 y/o double wood. Tastes like bit like Christmas pudding. Bloody magnificent.

I went to a party last night and they had Goat on tap, it's not bad. I'm feeling sick as * this morning though. Must be something in the beer not over doing it.

I went to a party last night and they had Goat on tap, it's not bad. I'm feeling sick as fu** this morning though. Must be something in the beer not over doing it.

Course Gringo dodgy beer not the fact you probably had 20 of em! ;)

Backing up today??

Course Gringo dodgy beer not the fact you probably had 20 of em! ;)

Backing up today??

Only with a lot of coffee, I'm working today, I'm too old to drink these days. I don't pull up well.

The Heikienen 00 isnt bad.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
The Heikienen 00 isnt bad.
Budvar is actually really nice, straight out of the bottle though some of these aren’t great poured into a glass.

I must have tried about 10 now budvar, carlton zero and big drop pale ale are the best. These beers are great when you don’t want to get on the drink or have to drive but don’t measure up to a real beer.

View attachment 1134166

I would have a glass of wine but being the only person drinking I fear it will end something like this.

I need to make a beer run but can’t make up my mind about what I want to drink today.
You drink Budvar to not get pissed? It's 5.1

Best value for money is Asahi 500ml case of cans. No German beers like Lowenbrau around because of COVID. Molson does a number on me. Lowenbrau is the strongest of the ones I mentioned but the cheapest of the list is Peroni. Any European lager should be fine though lol

Haha no it’s the zero alcohol one I was talking about, it actually tastes like budvar.

You may have given me some inspiration my wife has headed out to the shops so if she finds some in Ormond road I’ll go the full strength budvar.
They are bloody expensive but that's relative to your salary I guess lol. 65 for a case or whatever I can't justify it unless it's a special occasion. Maybe beating the Dogs is a special occasion.

Value for money would be Asahi or Peroni I reckon.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
They are bloody expensive but that's relative to your salary I guess lol. 65 for a case or whatever I can't justify it unless it's a special occasion. Maybe beating the Dogs is a special occasion.

Value for money would be Asahi or Peroni I reckon.
Peroni is about as good as it gets imo and the asahi are $18 on special at dans but I can’t be bothered driving there. I’ll just get a six pack of budvar if they have it otherwise a peroni, you’ve given me the taste for one.

I have bits a pieces left in the fridge a few boags some best extra, John boston etc. I buy a lot of the Dan murphy members specials it keeps the cost down and gives you a decent selection at pretty good prices.

Peroni is about as good as it gets imo and the asahi are $18 on special at dans but I can’t be bothered driving there. I’ll just get a six pack of budvar if they have it otherwise a peroni, you’ve given me the taste for one.

I have bits a pieces left in the fridge a few boags some best extra, John boston etc. I buy a lot of the Dan murphy members specials it keeps the cost down and gives you a decent selection at pretty good prices.
The specials are actually decent too. It's actually worth it being a member.

Get a few Budvars mate in terms of taste I reckon they trump them all

Back