Discussion Saints drinks

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s great it puts some money in her pocket and she sees a bit of life and the pays better than I thought it would be.

On radio they were saying dishwashers are so in demand that some restaurant was paying $80 an hour to get an experienced one. It's probably an urban myth but 457 holders and backpackers used to do all that stuff and they're locked out so demand is high and supply low. Espy had rock posters up begging for staff. My wife retrained as a psych and her first role is getting her $30 after 4 years study and coming from commercial law. She's found some other place that she's working at that's much better paid on the side but the job market is upside down without overseas workers.

On radio they were saying dishwashers are so in demand that some restaurant was paying $80 an hour to get an experienced one. It's probably an urban myth but 457 holders and backpackers used to do all that stuff and they're locked out so demand is high and supply low. Espy had rock posters up begging for staff. My wife retrained as a psych and her first role is getting her $30 after 4 years study and coming from commercial law. She's found some other place that she's working at that's much better paid on the side but the job market is upside down without overseas workers.
Jimmy Jamz in Ormond road was closed recently because they didn’t have staff so yeah I’m sure some are paying overs. The lack of overseas workers has really had an impact but well educated decent jobs often don’t pay as well as people think. I’m often amazed at how little some of the kids friends get.

I much prefer Aussie sparkling than French, my family and in-laws all go for Mumm, Moet or Vueve or how ever it's spelled and they all taste like cats piss. I honestly think they are close to undrinkable and only wank factor sells them. We had a good bottle of Dom Perignon once and that was better but still average for the money. Local Chandon is really solid and good value.

I don't mind a nice cognac at Christmas but usually just beer if it's hot and a brandy with some pudding to light it up and one for the pyrotechnician. Nothing like being overstuffed in a hot climate and trying to dull the pain with booze.

I once heard a wine expert talking about the sparkling wine ( it was all called Champagne back then, now they aren't even allowed to call "French Mustard" French even though it was invented in the UK by Colemans ).
He said that its pretty easy to pick the difference between a good French Champagne , he attributed the difference to the vines in France being closer together than optimal, and his own preference was the good Australian Sparklings.
There is a certain amount of Hype with a lot of European stuff, Lindt Chocolate is not superior to Cadbury.

I've been in Rhineland at the time of year where if you fall down you're likely to drown in white wine, and while there a guy was telling me he'd bought a bottle of Australian Chardonnay, and how much he'd liked it.

Sure as hell you won't beat Australian Shiraz at the place that first made it.

I once heard a wine expert talking about the sparkling wine ( it was all called Champagne back then, now they aren't even allowed to call "French Mustard" French even though it was invented in the UK by Colemans ).
He said that its pretty easy to pick the difference between a good French Champagne , he attributed the difference to the vines in France being closer together than optimal, and his own preference was the good Australian Sparklings.
There is a certain amount of Hype with a lot of European stuff, Lindt Chocolate is not superior to Cadbury.

I've been in Rhineland at the time of year where if you fall down you're likely to drown in white wine, and while there a guy was telling me he'd bought a bottle of Australian Chardonnay, and how much he'd liked it.

Sure as hell you won't beat Australian Shiraz at the place that first made it.

Yeah, I don't know if it's because we are used to them or because we don't have to follow tradition but our wines are as good as anywhere in the world IMO. I love an Aussie shiraz.

You're right, we do great wines - but what is this blasphemy.

Cadbury is chocolate for children. Not my thing. Lindt is not that flash either though.

4036f6f8583bc43f5cd0fa34adbefd35.jpg

Let my weekend begin I guess

Nice
We have a few great westerns and seppelts stashed from when we did our honeymoon coast trip

Heres a nice red
Tastes good too!

I remember LaPorchetta's StKilda being shut down for using illegal workers years ago.

We’re probably going to have to look at bringing in tradesmen from overseas soon. I’ll be looking straight at Zimbabwe followed by South Africa. Zimbabwe produces some really good tradesmen.

A glass of Chandon today after a successful auction, passed in and purchased it after for a very good price.

Nice work, investment or a move on the cards?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had an early lunch at Giorgio's in Armadale and feeling the buzz, going to finish off the cans of Asahi in the fridge and gloat at strangers walking down Wattletree road about how I'm a moderator on BigFooty

Had an early lunch at Giorgio's in Armadale and feeling the buzz, going to finish off the cans of Asahi in the fridge and gloat at strangers walking down Wattletree road about how I'm a moderator on BigFooty
Well I’m gloating it‘s the day for it I just found out my nephews youngest has made the sandy dragons squad.

Well I’m gloating it‘s the day for it I just found out my nephews youngest has made the sandy dragons squad.
It's all happening. Congrats mate. Another glass of Chandon surely

Remove this Banner Ad

Back