Discussion Saints early favourites for Cousins?

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints Favourites For Benny!

According to TFS. Is certain to return to AFL. We've already spoken to him. Only club to speak to him yet. Eligible for National Draft and Pre-Season Draft. Is detetmined to play.

Thoughts?

Won't hear no objections from me. :thumbsu::)

Just on the footy show. Hutchy saying that the Saints are early favourites for getting Cousins and have already met him and been in discussions. Not sure I trust Hutchy though.

Dunno how I feel about Cuz if he did come on board. On field I reckon it'd be like Wayne Carey at Adelaide, a couple of great moments but overall contributing nothing (although at least we couldn't give up top picks for him). Off field I don't want his type at our club, he'd have to be well and truly over his addiction and even then I wouldn't trust him.

edit: Damn it, multiple threads :eek: a merge is in order

Wouldn't be the greatest mix with MG...but looks like he's a chance to retire anyway.

I dunno, I mean I'd love Cousins the player at the club, but Im not sure about Cousins the person.

If that makes any sense.

Wouldn't be the greatest mix with MG...but looks like he's a chance to retire anyway.

I dunno, I mean I'd love Cousins the player at the club, but Im not sure about Cousins the person.

If that makes any sense.

Makes plenty of sense.

Cousins at the top of his game would be great, but he's a year out of the game, already 30 and obviously is a HUGE risk, both as a player and as a representative of the club he goes to.

I'd rather stick with the kids.

Makes perfect sense.
But yeh the possible reunion with MG could be a cause for worry.
I'd still love him to play for us. but i'd say some other club will snap him up before our 4th round or even 3rd round pick, which i wouldnt want to use (3rd round pick) on him.

But one thing to consider is it is Hutchy. Not the greatest strike rate.

The thing is.... have u seen the physical condition he is in?

He looks pretty good and with the workrate he has, i thought u guys would think he would be a very nice replacement for Harvey

How many years of footy would he have left? 1 or 2 maybe. And if he did make it back there is no way he'd be able to play as good as he did a couple years ago. I'd prefer we pick up a kid to be honest.

How many years of footy would he have left? 1 or 2 maybe. And if he did make it back there is no way he'd be able to play as good as he did a couple years ago. I'd prefer we pick up a kid to be honest.

Why only one or two years? He is one of the fittest players in AFL and could easily play at least three years.

He only needs 60% game time to be effective.

that Harvey bloke is 37 and is no fitter than Cousins.

lol, you are the type of person who instantly writes someone off because they are 30+ the guy is in better condition than most 25yearolds, he could easily play a good 3-4years. As long as his personal life is in order, bring him on, we need some instant impact in the midfield, Cousins can do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't need scum like Ben Cousins at the club. He can go take his drugs at Collingwood. Think about this, if we got Cousins at the club he would be taking Armo or Steven's spot in the side, and i'd rather get games into them than have a 30 year old drug addict running around.

Not sure I trust Hutchy though.

I am wondering whether Hutchy is NH, and there is one of him on every board.

Go back to the dumpster you have been hiding in Hutchy. Just a horrid trolling piece of @!#%, who has the thinnest skin I have ever seen in a supposed "story-breaker".

Would suggest he's drawn the long bow becuase of the Fraser / Gardi link.

Look at the countless other threads we've had for this topic. All the best to him, but I don't want him at our club. Completely undercuts the shift the club has made over the last 10 or so years from the party-useless club to a serious contender. With talk of Cousins AND M Gardiner AND Kerr all coming in - flipping crazy talk.

I don't normally watch TFS but saw that bit. The picture of a young hutchy was a classic, now that made me laugh. Sam hasn't made me laugh in a while but that was in the pocket I reckon. Hutch also copped a bit of still on classified I heard too, but didn't see that one.

I doubt that Cousins would end up at the Saints, but if he did maybe MG would be a positive influence on him. As far as I know MG has walked the straight line since being at the Saints & we've stuck by him, so is aware of the benefits.

If we don't give up a potential young star for Cousins then I'd be for it, he'd eb good t watch play - but it is a potential high risk gamble. Dunno - flip a coin.

Also, with the recent NDS trade speculation rumours, I did feel a bit uncomfortable for NDS being on the panel & the inferance of getting a big name player into the Saints meaning exiting a big name player out.

Also, did Fraser get a mention about retiring?

Did you mean to insult Luke, Lenny, Nick, and RH?

Not at all, you take it how you like it. Our mid field are a hard working group stars in their own right but whether you like it or not, Cousins has the "flair" stakes sown up (Assuming he could play at his best).

We don't need scum like Ben Cousins at the club. He can go take his drugs at Collingwood. Think about this, if we got Cousins at the club he would be taking Armo or Steven's spot in the side, and i'd rather get games into them than have a 30 year old drug addict running around.

that's very very harsh.....

He's a sensational player and I couldn't see any problems having him on board.

Ross seems to be able to get these blokes into the right mindset to play good football. Michael Gardiner is a prime example.

I reckon we could arrange something to take him in the pre-season draft.

His money would be minimum, that wouldn't be the issue.

I say go for it.

If this is true regarding Cousins then this is typical of Ross Lyon. Recruiting for the now and bugger the future. RL might have got us into the top 8 this year but I am not fooled by him. He is the devil in disguise only worried about keeping us thereabouts to secure his job.

We are heading for our second mid table finish in a row with RL. The way he is recruiting it will soon be 5 mid table finishes in a row. We should be re-building right now so we can challenge for a premiership in 5 years time. Instead, we are becoming the new Ninethmond, (Richmond).:mad: Getting nowhere fast but doing enough for Lyon to keep his job.:mad:

If this is true regarding Cousins then this is typical of Ross Lyon. Recruiting for the now and bugger the future. RL might have got us into the top this year but I am not fooled by him. He is the devil in disguise only worried about keeping us thereabouts to secure his job.

We are heading for our second mid table finish in a row with RL. The way he is recruiting it will soon be 5 mid table finishes in a row. We should be re-building right now so we can challenge for a premiership in 5 years time. Instead, we are becoming the new Ninethmond, (Richmond).:mad: Getting nowhere fast but doing enough for Lyon to keep his job.:mad:

so ross lyon has come out & said we're after Cousins?

:rolleyes:

This is pretty furkin deluded Hel, even by your standards. You realise you've just paid out on RL for recruiting to make it 5 mid table finishes in a row!!??! How long has RL been here? What else would you like to blame him for? We're pretty clear on where you stand on most issues, but this is just deluded.

A genuine question to any with actual knowledge: Is RL directly part of the recruiting process?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back