List Mgmt. Saints father and son

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if Im 100% correct but I think Harvs is the only one out of Loewe, Burke, Spud and Harvs to have had a boy?
Looks like we will be waiting a while for some father/sons down at Seaford.

Not sure if Im 100% correct but I think Harvs is the only one out of Loewe, Burke, Spud and Harvs to have had a boy?
Looks like we will be waiting a while for some father/sons down at Seaford.

You might want to browse through the names on this page.
I think the coach may still be a familiar name as well.
http://www.gozebs.com/about.php?Milestones-2

Saints keep it in the family

With just one father-son pick in David Sierakowski, St Kilda's stars in Tony Lockett, Danny Frawley and Nathan Burke proceeded to churn out daughters - that trio boasting 10 between them.

Yet the club is now working hard to lure prospective father-son picks, with the Saints hosting fathers and sons of famous players at an introduction night recently.

Attending were potential father-son picks ranging from Justin Koschitzke's two year old to the sons of Robert Harvey, Stewart Loewe and even Dean Rice, who played more than 100 games at both Carlton and St Kilda.

The sons and fathers were presented with St Kilda tops by Lenny Hayes and Nick Dal Santo, with the club keen to get the ball rolling.

With just one father-son pick in David Sierakowski, St Kilda's stars in Tony Lockett, Danny Frawley and Nathan Burke proceeded to churn out daughters - that trio boasting 10 between them.

Yet the club is now working hard to lure prospective father-son picks, with the Saints hosting fathers and sons of famous players at an introduction night recently.

Attending were potential father-son picks ranging from Justin Koschitzke's two year old to the sons of Robert Harvey, Stewart Loewe and even Dean Rice, who played more than 100 games at both Carlton and St Kilda.

The sons and fathers were presented with St Kilda tops by Lenny Hayes and Nick Dal Santo, with the club keen to get the ball rolling.

great effort by the club. it atleast keeps past players and their family involved.

the eagles have been doing this for sometime now

Just on Robert Harvey's son, he is playing some pretty good APS football. I'm looking forward to watching his play in the next few years.

Great thing for the club to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't realise Buckets had a son until that post.
I know about little Kozi, Tyson Milne, Connor Harvey and I'm sure Frankie Peckett has at least half a dozen kids... Have to be some lads in there somewhere.

Liam Jones of the Bulldogs was only 80 of his father's games away from being a Saint...

On a related note, Shane Crawford has 4 boys, two of which are twins (let's say, with lack of research, they are called Mick and Nick) Hawthorn would be pretty happy with 4 Crawfords running around in 18 years. But how would the drafting of the twins work?

In this hypothetical situation in 2029, Brisbane have the first pick followed by Collingwood and then Hawthorn (St Kilda obvioulsy just won the premiership and under new AFL rules that applies to the premiers, signed the 14 year old Hayes triplets on twenty year deals)
Let's say Brisbane nominate that they want to take Mick Crawford at pick one, so Hawthorn is forced to use pick 3 to take him. Then Collingwood nominate that they want Nick Crawford at pick 2. Do Hawthorn now have to choose which Crawford they take at pick 3 letting the other go? Or can they then use their second pick after already agreeing to use their first pick?

I know about little Kozi, Tyson Milne, Connor Harvey and I'm sure Frankie Peckett has at least half a dozen kids... Have to be some lads in there somewhere.

Liam Jones of the Bulldogs was only 80 of his father's games away from being a Saint...

On a related note, Shane Crawford has 4 boys, two of which are twins (let's say, with lack of research, they are called Mick and Nick) Hawthorn would be pretty happy with 4 Crawfords running around in 18 years. But how would the drafting of the twins work?

In this hypothetical situation in 2029, Brisbane have the first pick followed by Collingwood and then Hawthorn (St Kilda obvioulsy just won the premiership and under new AFL rules that applies to the premiers, signed the 14 year old Hayes triplets on twenty year deals)
Let's say Brisbane nominate that they want to take Mick Crawford at pick one, so Hawthorn is forced to use pick 3 to take him. Then Collingwood nominate that they want Nick Crawford at pick 2. Do Hawthorn now have to choose which Crawford they take at pick 3 letting the other go? Or can they then use their second pick after already agreeing to use their first pick?

do we have to wait till 2029 for collingwood to be on the bottom :(

BS gave him a big wrap when I was talking to him the other day. I think he said he is currently 14yo and already has a big build and has been doing very, very well at Beaumaris, apparently featuring in the best in pretty much every game he has played for them. :):thumbsu:

BS gave him a big wrap when I was talking to him the other day. I think he said he is currently 14yo and already has a big build and has been doing very, very well at Beaumaris, apparently featuring in the best in pretty much every game he has played for them. :):thumbsu:
Good to know. Some of the best came through Beaumaris. My Dad's claim to fame is that he coached Cameron Bruce in under 14s. Blakey and Leigh Fisher too. I could have been one of the best players to play the game for Beaumaris if I wasn't hampered by the chronic not very good at football issue that ended my career at the age of 12.

Just on this rule - is it up to the son to nominate if they want to be taken as a father son or just participate in the draft and be taken by any team? So for example, could someone like Jack Viney choose to opt out of his father-son obligation and be picked up by, say GWS, with pick 1? (just hypothetical)

Just on this rule - is it up to the son to nominate if they want to be taken as a father son or just participate in the draft and be taken by any team? So for example, could someone like Jack Viney choose to opt out of his father-son obligation and be picked up by, say GWS, with pick 1? (just hypothetical)

It's up to the son. Pretty sure Mark Murphy could have gone to Brisbane under the F/S, and they wanted him, but he didn't. Same situation with Gibbs and Adelaide.

i'm glad the saints have followed other clubs in this. i remember reading somewhere that carlton, collinwood and hawthorn were doing this. maybe this comes from Watters or Pelchin????

not sure what s with justin pecketts sons. i know he has 7 kids and there were i think 4 boys. i don't know if any of them were playing footy.

On a side note, getting at least 3 more games into Schneider would be nice. We're already missing out on any Goose Jrs or Hamill jrs, if we miss out on Schneider jr., that's a massive kick in the teeth.
Hopefully Schneids can get 3 more games in!! I think he'll play more then that though. (Hopefully)

This situation pretty much occurred with Liberatore & Wallis a couple of years ago. Club just has to use the next two available picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back