List Mgmt. Saints father and son

Jun 14, 2015
Oslo
AFL Club
St Kilda
I still think Essendon have probably been cloning their best players for years now. Its illegal, but its Essendon.
Whatever it takes! But do we really need to be worried?

Their good players either came from us (Goddard), have come to us anyway (Carlisle), are only really good when on drugs (Watson, TBC), gone somewhere else (Crameri, Ryder, Monfries, Melksham, Hibbard, Jenkins) or are overrated seagulls (Heppell).

I am sure our coaching staff aren't fearful of cloned versions of Craig Bird and Brent Stanton, and the versions of Cooney, Kelly and Goddard they got to clone were cheap imported rubbish that had nothing on the originals.

So the best genes they have to clone are an Ellen Degeneres lookalike, a 200cm giraffe forward that cant kick, a ginger VFL superstar and Forrest Gump's body-double.

Knowing what they are like with paperwork means that they are just as likely to clone Jackson Merrett and Darcy Daniher instead of Zach Merrett and Joe Daniher.

So unless somebody believes that 22 Orazio Fantasia's or Alex Morgan's are a threat to the premiership I say let them carry on with the experiment.

Their president already looks like Emperor Palpetine and just for laughs the Golden Child can be coach. Call it the Clone Wars starring Steven Dank, the Russian scientists from Rocky IV and the cast from Underbelly

*Note: I may not like Essendon

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
It's still a perversion of the draft.

So are academies, PP's, picks for FA's etc.

Everyone has had an advantage of the F/S. I would go a step further and demand we get our first 5 F/S as third rounders like Geelong had.

They then got 2 first rounders for Ablett when he went to GC.

perversions everywhere

I didn't realise Buckets had a son until that post.
I know about little Kozi, Tyson Milne, Connor Harvey and I'm sure Frankie Peckett has at least half a dozen kids... Have to be some lads in there somewhere.

Liam Jones of the Bulldogs was only 80 of his father's games away from being a Saint...

On a related note, Shane Crawford has 4 boys, two of which are twins (let's say, with lack of research, they are called Mick and Nick) Hawthorn would be pretty happy with 4 Crawfords running around in 18 years. But how would the drafting of the twins work?

In this hypothetical situation in 2029, Brisbane have the first pick followed by Collingwood and then Hawthorn (St Kilda obvioulsy just won the premiership and under new AFL rules that applies to the premiers, signed the 14 year old Hayes triplets on twenty year deals)
Let's say Brisbane nominate that they want to take Mick Crawford at pick one, so Hawthorn is forced to use pick 3 to take him. Then Collingwood nominate that they want Nick Crawford at pick 2. Do Hawthorn now have to choose which Crawford they take at pick 3 letting the other go? Or can they then use their second pick after already agreeing to use their first pick?

Craws kids play basketball and are still pretty young though.

I am bringing this old thread up.

another missed father and son by 3 games

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-31/saints-narrow-miss-on-young-talent-time

Saints' narrow miss on Young talent time
Marc McGowan December 31, 2017 3:18 PM

alex%20young%20portrait.jpg

Alex Young will play again with Dandenong Stingrays in 2018. Picture: Dandenong Stingrays

RELATED
ALEX Young recalls a chat last year with Joel Crocker, son of Kangaroos premiership forward Darren, while they toured South Africa with an Australian schoolboys' team.

The conversation centred on Crocker's father-son eligibility for North Melbourne, where his dad played 165 games.

Young's father, Matt, also made triple-digit AFL appearances between 1994 and 2001.

The problem is 21 of them came for Hawthorn and the other 97 were for St Kilda, leaving the Dandenong Stingray three matches short of being a Saints father-son option.......

I am bringing this old thread up.

another missed father and son by 3 games

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-31/saints-narrow-miss-on-young-talent-time

Saints' narrow miss on Young talent time
Marc McGowan December 31, 2017 3:18 PM

alex%20young%20portrait.jpg

Alex Young will play again with Dandenong Stingrays in 2018. Picture: Dandenong Stingrays

RELATED
ALEX Young recalls a chat last year with Joel Crocker, son of Kangaroos premiership forward Darren, while they toured South Africa with an Australian schoolboys' team.

The conversation centred on Crocker's father-son eligibility for North Melbourne, where his dad played 165 games.

Young's father, Matt, also made triple-digit AFL appearances between 1994 and 2001.

The problem is 21 of them came for Hawthorn and the other 97 were for St Kilda, leaving the Dandenong Stingray three matches short of being a Saints father-son option.......

I rated Matty Young too. He was a very good player.

liam5

Draftee
Dec 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
You guys are forgetting about Dylan Robertons son, Dylan will definitely go with saints over freo considering he lives so close and probably won’t move

He only played like 50 games or so with Freo as well.
Also, his oldest lad's just turned 5.

I think most of us following this thread are looking and hoping for someone to come through before Big Footy disappears along with the internet, once the internet is replaced by whatever replaces the internet

Back