List Mgmt. Saints (French) Foreign Legion

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong, it was definitely when Ian Stewart was traded for Billy Barrot, the club has never recovered.
I didn't really articulate myself well did I?

I meant to say you ****ed up your last rebuild.
Bringing in mature aged players when you've blown multiple early picks and you're nowhere near your window just puts you further away from contending.
IMO you'd be better off doing a North and bottoming out properly.

I didn't really articulate myself well did I?

I meant to say you f’ed up your last rebuild.
Bringing in mature aged players when you've blown multiple early picks and you're nowhere near your window just puts you further away from contending.
IMO you'd be better off doing a North and bottoming out properly.

Bringing in mature aged players hasn’t been the problem, it’s been consistently blowing our early draft picks from 2010-2018.

If it wasn’t for the guys we have traded for we would be well and truly stuffed.

La liste est un petit caca (IMO).

Anyway I can't think of any recent premiership teams whose best players came from trading. I think Saint Kilda cooked their last rebuild when they took Billings over Bont and McCartin over Petracca.
Richmond got Tom Lynch. Isn't he their most important player.

What’s the least amount of “traded-in” players who have played in a GF team this decade ?.

Tigers had Lynch, Prestia, Caddy, Houli, Nankervis last year off the top of my head.

What’s the least amount of “traded-in” players who have played in a GF team this decade ?.

Tigers had Lynch, Prestia, Caddy, Houli, Nankervis last year off the top of my head.
Nowt wrong with trading in players. It’s as old as the game. The problem is when you sell the farm for a bog ordinary player. Not a dig at anyone. We get some right and some wrong

La liste est un petit caca (IMO).

Anyway I can't think of any recent premiership teams whose best players came from trading. I think Saint Kilda cooked their last rebuild when they took Billings over Bont and McCartin over Petracca.

May & Lever would be top 5 at the Dees (alongside Oliver, Gawn, Petracca), with Langdon in the top 9, Brown around 12th, then Hibberd & Tomlinson when fit still best 22.

4 of the top 12/13 isn't a bad rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May & Lever would be top 5 at the Dees (alongside Oliver, Gawn, Petracca), with Langdon in the top 9, Brown around 12th, then Hibberd & Tomlinson when fit still best 22.

4 of the top 12/13 isn't a bad rate.
Fair enough. Still reckon nailing early draft picks is key.

FWIW We're not a premiership team, but I'll be very happy to be proven wrong on this one soon.
And Hibberd is fit btw, he's just been kept out of the side due to Smith/Bowey coming on.

Technically Lynch and Houli weren't traded in, but I take your point. Geelong 2011 only had one player (Ottens) from another club, and stunningly they had 20 players taken by them in the national draft! That's something you almost never see (before or since).

Dogs in 2016 had Boyd and Shane Biggs as trade ins. Joel Hamling was a delisted free agent pick up.

6 of that team came through the rookie draft which is also pretty unheard of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back