Past Saint's Reject Hall of Fame. A trip down memory lane...

Remove this Banner Ad

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
images.jpeg.jpg

Holy moly. Old Alex needed some back burning done before fire season...

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda

There is some serious talent in that list , we dont always f-ck it up when trading .
i think we have gotten a lot better at it ... when you think about what we gave up for guys like Watts and Brooks its pretty gut churning ... i think from memory when we got Fiora that was because Heath Black wanted to return to Freo we had just lost Knoble and Ackland so we were keen on a ruckman.. Troy Simmons was available from Freo but he didnt want to come to us he wanted to go to Richmond in the end we kind of got pushed into a corner with it and ended up accepting what we could to get the deal done ...

i think we have gotten a lot better at it ... when you think about what we gave up for guys like Watts and Brooks its pretty gut churning ... i think from memory when we got Fiora that was because Heath Black wanted to return to Freo we had just lost Knoble and Ackland so we were keen on a ruckman.. Troy Simmons was available from Freo but he didnt want to come to us he wanted to go to Richmond in the end we kind of got pushed into a corner with it and ended up accepting what we could to get the deal done ...
Heath Black was a gun , i loved watching him , fantastic kick of the ball

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Jan 26, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne United
Damian Ryan - think his dad was involved at the club at one stage.

Gavin Mitchell was great for a while, disappeared quickly though.

Fred Campbell wasn't traded, but was drafted in from Sydney I think. Another flash in the pan - he looked great for a few games in the 90s.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Gavin Mitchell was great for a while, disappeared quickly though.

Kicked the winning goal for us in our epic 1998 comeback win against West Coast, happened right in front of me.

We haven't had much luck with indigenous players since Winmar, they've either been flash in the pans like Mitchell or complete busts like Lovett.

The Clarke brothers had potential and talent but for varying reasons didn't live up to it, we were spoilt by Winmar though so it was a lot to live up to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda

Our rucks have always been interesting.

Had to convince Harding to stay and then he wanted a long contract and we let him go.

Tried to land Jeff White and another rookie who couldnt get a game for West Coast until Gardi did his knee.

I thought Wow Jones was serviceable.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Won a Brownlow at Melbourne.

Didn't do anything with us apart from one game where he kicked a winning goal... Like Francis

One goal wonder.
Wilson was sharp at ground level and scrub kicks suited him well in the forward line.
At the time we were bombing it long and high to a contest. We've fixed that now though :rolleyes:

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Some of these guys contributed but... really not the way to win a flag

End of our Golden era = Billy Barrot for Ian Stewart

Carlton Retirement Home era = Alex Marcou, Peter McConville, Wow Jones, Spiro Kourkamelis, Ken Sheldon, Ian Aitken

Richmond Rejects = Fiora, Polo
Jezza

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Geelong Rejects = Gamble, Gardiner
Freo Rejects = Mitchell, Delaney, Calaghan
Port Rejects = Brookes, Ackland
Crows reject = Watts

our best trading partners easily are
Swans = Shnides , Dempster, Membrey, Hannas
WCE = Gehrig , Heatley, Gardiner
Brisbane = Voss, Gram
GWS = Bruce, Steele
Heater was one of the straightest kicks I've ever seen.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Heater was one of the straightest kicks I've ever seen.

Skunk reminds me of Heater in his goal kicking action. Both were simple but very effective

Still see Heater at Saints games with his kids sometimes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back