Past Saint's Reject Hall of Fame. A trip down memory lane...

Remove this Banner Ad

Rex was actually good for us! Played many fine games in Saints colours!
And I thought Big Wow wasn't too bad either!

For all the ridicule we give to Carlton's ex premiership stars led by the hairiest Sasquatch
That ever played the game, Remember guys like Loewe, Burke and Harvey
Crediting them enormously for lifting the standards at a then rabble StKilda!

Of course Kenny Sheldon leading that charge becoming a decent coach for a while!
Yeah I did like Rex Hunt too. That was a joke that big footy stuffed up. McConville and Sheldon did lift us

I don’t know if this topic is really interesting reliving old times or totally depressing reliving old times lol. We sure have made some terrible trades , maybe second worse in the league with only Carlton to be below us .

Go Saints

I don’t know if this topic is really interesting reliving old times or totally depressing reliving old times lol. We sure have made some terrible trades , maybe second worse in the league with only Carlton to be below us .

Go Saints

Freo have a few absolute howlers as well. Not even counting the pre-selection picks.

Some more dishonourable mentions

To go with our impressive recruiting of dreadful big men
Clarke from Brisbane....Wayne Thornborrow...Ian Aitken from Carl...Damien Shitski...Trent not so Knoebel!

Other all round Turds include
Mark your off Mcgough from Coll...Phil solo one Cronin...Rohan the albino ghost Smith
Ian I have no business playing football Dargie...Tony the ginger Fellaini Delaney
Dean Sherbet Herbet...Can you believe there was another Michael Frost from the Bulldogs!
Somebody had a bit of Frosty Fetish down at Moorabin!

And just for his uncharted levels of incredible shitness
David Winbanks get a 2nd but noteworthy mention...Also boasting the
Super resume at the time of going straight from the Oakleigh Districts 3rds to the
StKilda Seniors in one week! Top effort that!

I suddenly need to go do Poos! :sick: :poo:

Last edited:

Go Saints
Freo easily have both St Kilda and Carlton covered ...
i mean just look at 2001 ... Trent Croad and Luke McPharlin for pick 1, 20 & 36 and Jeff Farmer for pick 17 .. that 4 very good picks in what is renouned as the "super Draft" Hodge (1) Kelly (17) Daniel Elstone*(20) and Sam Mitchell (36)

*dud pick by Hawthorne there

Go Saints
It’s the sheer volume that surprises me now. At the time they all brought hope, sometimes entertainment and occasionally talent.

Some more dishonourable mentions

To go with our impressive recruiting of dreadful big men
Clarke from Brisbane....Wayne Thornborrow...Ian Aitken from Carl...Damien Shitski...Trent not so Knoebel!

Other all round Turds include
Mark your off Mcgough from Coll...Phil solo one Cronin...Rohan the albino ghost Smith
Ian I have no business playing football Dargie...Tony the ginger Fellaini Delaney
Dean Sherbet Herbet...Can you believe there was another Michael Frost from the Bulldogs!
Somebody had a bit of Frosty Fetish down at Moorabin!

And just for his uncharted levels of incredible shitness
David Winbanks get a 2nd but noteworthy mention...Also boasting the
Super resume at the time of going straight from the Oakleigh Districts 3rds to the
StKilda Seniors in one week! Top effort that!

I suddenly need to go do Poos! :sick: :poo:
I had high hopes that Dean Herbert would solve our big man problems. Huge lump of a lad. Unfortunately like the majority of our big man trades, it ended badly for us.

I always thought drafting Jodi Arnol ahead of Peter Matera was a strike of genius in 89.
Any idea what happened to him? He looked a good size from memory. Tough looking dude with tatts. I can’t remember him ever contributing much.
I grew to hate Matera. He tore us apart on many an occasion, especially in WA. Just can’t imagine him as a saint.

Any idea what happened to him? He looked a good size from memory. Tough looking dude with tatts. I can’t remember him ever contributing much.
I grew to hate Matera. He tore us apart on many an occasion, especially in WA. Just can’t imagine him as a saint.
rumour has it Matera and Malthouse had a huge spat in the early 90's (possibly 93) and it almost resulted in him wanting out of the WCE team ... Winmar was at the time was in his ear about coming over to the saints to join him, Gilly and Kicket ... as it turns out he patched things up with Mick and stayed on to win another flag we ended up trading Gilly and Kicket a short time after ...
then in 95 when Freo came in to the comp he was close to signing with them but again decided to stay on with the WCE

In typical style the Saints went out and got themselves an
Ablett in the 80's!

Only problem was it was the ageing sprinter, not the younger superstar!
Geoff Ablett!

Does David Winbanks qualify? A truly woeful footballer. From South Melb i believe!
Chopper Handley from Hawthorn...Played one decent Wizard Cup match..D'oh
Whomever decided to use no 1 pick in the inaugural draft on ex Bulldogs hack
Michael Frost needs a good public lashing in front of the animal enclosure!

Would be remiss of me not to mention the ultimate mullet
Tony the Ant Antrobus from Essendope!
Lawrence F*cking Bingham!
Darren Flaps Flanigan! God we've recruited some shocking Ruckmen!
Mark ARSE Arceri!
Add Capuano to the shittruck ruckmen category!
Justin Plapp the reserves cult hero from Richmond

And the piece de resistance for what he cost us at the time
Paul ( I like to run backwards ) Morwood! Once again the wrong brother!

I'm no great fan of PM, but he did win a B&F for us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back