News Saints to thaw out in Noosa for a bit

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough.

I'm not sure I see the bus as a minor inconvenience though. Travelling the morning of a game is not the end of the world, but it's hardly ideal. So we are either travelling 2.5 hours before each game or going interstate. I reckon that could take it's toll after a while.

It obviously has it's perks like you mentioned, but it's also got it's flaws. Not sure it's the win the media have suggested.
If we play at the gabba that is more like 1hr

Ratts sounded confident that Hanners will miss two games at most. Is a chance for the Crows match.
He is listed on the AFL website as 3 weeks which is the standard recovery time for a low grade hamstring strain. Given his history of soft tissue injuries they may be extra cautious and keep him out for longer, but hopefully he's fine. I think he'd enjoy kicking his feet up at the Noosa resort than to get on a plane to Adelaide!

I can't understand how Noosa is a win for the club?

We now have to travel for every game.

Noosa is a fantastic place to holiday. It's like Brighton in the tropics. If you can get over the white and pastel clothing overdose and the leathery chocolate-mousse tans, it's got all the good stuff from Melbourne and it takes a drive to the hinterland to find proper bogans. I'd be pretty happy on the beaches in Sydney too but as far as Queensland goes Noosa is sweet as. Port Douglas would be nicer but the drive would be a killer.

Now that Melbourne has gone back into lockdown, it'll be interesting to see if any of the players who elected not to travel to the hubs have a change of heart.

Sounded like anyone who stayed was about to have a baby.
I don't know about ya'll, but in my experience- parents of newborns aren't exactly social butterflies.

I can't see the lockdown changing much for people in that situation

Noosa is a fantastic place to holiday. It's like Brighton in the tropics. If you can get over the white and pastel clothing overdose and the leathery chocolate-mousse tans, it's got all the good stuff from Melbourne and it takes a drive to the hinterland to find proper bogans. I'd be pretty happy on the beaches in Sydney too but as far as Queensland goes Noosa is sweet as. Port Douglas would be nicer but the drive would be a killer.
Yeah it's a great place

He is listed on the AFL website as 3 weeks which is the standard recovery time for a low grade hamstring strain. Given his history of soft tissue injuries they may be extra cautious and keep him out for longer, but hopefully he's fine. I think he'd enjoy kicking his feet up at the Noosa resort than to get on a plane to Adelaide!
I'm sure Ratts would be accurate if he's gone public. They must be pretty confident it's not a bad injury. I agree though, give him two games to get it fully right. Come back for the game after Adelaide.

Drive down via Kilcoy, Dalby, Woombie, Warwick and come back up the arse end through Coolangatta they should make it with hours to spare if they leave early enough.

is it true the A League clubs in melbourne were literally minutes too late?

heard they all went to the airport last night to fly to canberra. boarded the plane. sat on the tarmac and then got told to home. they wouldn't let them into canberra.

AFL have to be given credit for getting them out before the border gate came down.

So a racehorse can stand up in a truck for 3-4 hours trip to the races , win a Group 1 and go back home for another 3-4 hour trip yet our boys cant sit in a luxury coach for 2.5 hours , i think they will be fine ,
Okay so Winx will be fine and we’ll just need to mollycoddle the other 21 of them 😃 👑 🐎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eumundi is a top little town up in the Noosa Hinterland. I could spend winter there happily.

Brisbane winters are often dry cloudless days for weeks on end with cool / cold nights and warm sunny days
It does get cold here (currently 8.2 C feels like 6 C) and oddly the forecast says 13 to 22 C which denies the current temp ??
Noosa is 90 mins by bus at this time of the year, but on a work day you could add a bit to that. Probably 3 hours to Metricon. Hope they get there early - don't want them hopping off a 3 hr bus trip and heading straight to a pregame warm up.

Brisbane winters are often dry cloudless days for weeks on end with cool / cold nights and warm sunny days
It does get cold here (currently 8.2 C feels like 6 C) and oddly the forecast says 13 to 22 C which denies the current temp ??
Noosa is 90 mins by bus at this time of the year, but on a work day you could add a bit to that. Probably 3 hours to Metricon. Hope they get there early - don't want them hopping off a 3 hr bus trip and heading straight to a pregame warm up.
I think they said the bus leaves at 7.30 so should have plenty of time , but you would know more than me as i dont live up there

If Roo still has any sway at the club then the team will get there 6 hours before the game and hit up a couple of 3km run throughs before the warm up starts.

Drive down via Kilcoy, Dalby, Woombie, Warwick and come back up the arse end through Coolangatta they should make it with hours to spare if they leave early enough.
Nah, leave Friday arvo go through Kilcoy turn off at Yarraman, stay overnight at Gravs place in Crows Nest, BBQ dinner (sly grog shop over in the cow paddock😉) then a nice pleasant drive to the ground Saturday morning, with or without a hangover. 🤭

Nah, leave Friday arvo go through Kilcoy turn off at Yarraman, stay overnight at Gravs place in Crows Nest, BBQ dinner (sly grog shop over in the cow paddock😉) then a nice pleasant drive to the ground Saturday morning, with or without a hangover. 🤭
nice wineries up that way in Kilcoy

If Roo still has any sway at the club then the team will get there 6 hours before the game and hit up a couple of 3km run throughs before the warm up starts.
Roo wouldn't have been on the bus, he would have ran down as part of his prep

Actually wouldn’t hurt to leave early, then pull up at Southport Sharks for a bit of a warm up & a light lunch, only about 20min. from Metricon.

It may well be that for a good part of this season , they'll be the SunshineCoast Saints.

As a base location it'll be good once they are out of quarantine.
Good chance the W.A. Nazi will lift some of his restrictions, so they could fly to W.A. for a weekend then back home to Noosa.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back