Traded Saints trade #6 & #59 to GWS for #12 & #18

Remove this Banner Ad

If Ben King continues on his trajectory and then decides on a move to the Saints, I think St Kilda’s 2020 first round pick and 2021 first round pick will be the assets going Gold Coasts way.

Geez he looked good in the last half a dozen or so games didn't he. Some of those pack marks and some of those leads etc

can the Saints get all these deals done...hefty price for Hill atm.

What hefty price? You don't believe that hack journo do you? He also had Steven being traded for Pick 14.

hopefully Howard falls through and ends up at North.

Not sure how you say that. This deal just made getting Howard a lot easier.

Saints would win the trade period with that but won't happen. Freo won't accept that for Hill.
Well they should he’s no Judd.

Maybe chuck in a future second rounder on top and that is it.

Is 6 high enough to get in before Green? It will be close. I think Sydney like him at 5. Unless they have done their diligence and know he wont. Or a further trade up is on the cards. What would adelaide want for us to go to 4 or Melbourne to 3. I guess if you dont get in before a bid you are no worse off. The bid before that would have chewed up the other 2 first round picks anyway.
They definitely want to get in before Green bid as they gave up points.

What hefty price? You don't believe that hack journo do you? He also had Steven being traded for Pick 14.

Not sure how you say that. This deal just made getting Howard a lot easier.
can only go on whats being reported...i did say "hefty at the moment"
with all the other deals you guys have lined up..i'm just hoping that Howard is one that falls through and opens the door for North.
still have Stevens/Bruce to possibly trade so you're probably right. Howard should get to the Saints.

12, 18 and the second rounder for hill surely

Edited post but I'd do Pick 12, 2020 2nd and Blake Acres (maybe another pick which isn't 18 or the Future 1st if they don't budge) and then hopefully 18 can land Howard.

Last edited:
If I was Josh Mahoney I would do 3 for 6 and a player - Caldwell please, then draft Brodie Kemp with Pick 6.

Don't you blokes need more outside run? I know Kemp is versatile but surely a Serong, Ash or Young is a better option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12, 18 and the second rounder for hill surely

Think it would be fair to assume that pick 12 and pick 18 won't be on the table for Hill. Fremantle would've preferred pick 6 by itself than the picks they traded pick 6 for.

Don't know what will happen. Maybe a player becomes involved (Acres is always linked back to WA). Maybe St Kilda will try to move pick 18 up to a higher pick and then use 12 and the higher pick (13?) to Freo. Don't think Fremantle will want 18 with where people are talking Henry will fall. Will just eat up points.

Pick 6? Yes farking please

You do realise your pick 4 would be heading the other way in this scenario.

They definitely want to get in before Green bid as they gave up points.
Definitely the aim is to get in front of the bid. Just saying if they didnt quite get high enough (and cant trade up further) which is possible, they dont lose a whole let compared to not doing this trade. So it is still worth the gamble on it's own merits.
I suspect they'll try and sweeten 6 to get to 3 or 4.

Saints will look like right nuffs if this backfires and we refuse to trade their big fish

Saints being stuck without Hill is not as big of a deal as Freo being stuck *with* Hill whilst his partner has already moved to Melbourne. Saints retain quality draft selections to trade for other players, can always try for Hill at a later stage (or anyone else with the available cap space), or can go to the draft. The best Freo could hope for, in this situation, is for Hill to actually apply himself to avoid any regression in output. As a professional, he should do exactly that, but hoping for a lack of regression is not a strong position.

Animated GIF

Saints being stuck without Hill is not as big of a deal as Freo being stuck *with* Hill whilst his partner has already moved to Melbourne. Saints retain quality draft selections to trade for other players, can always try for Hill at a later stage (or anyone else with the available cap space), or can go to the draft. The best Freo could hope for, in this situation, is for Hill to actually apply himself to avoid any regression in output. As a professional, he should do exactly that, but hoping for a lack of regression is not a strong position.

If freo keeps hill he'll be back on the market in 12 months at a slight discount. He'll still be contracted for a year and still fetch a good price

Remove this Banner Ad

Back