Traded Saints trade #6 & #59 to GWS for #12 & #18

Remove this Banner Ad

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Literally no one is saying what you're suggesting.

Have a lie down.
Agree I need to calm down lol
But everyone is suggesting King to the Saints next year,no one is suggesting King to GC,and I don't think these kids are freaks,they're just kids.

Heaven forbid what I'm going to be like next year when the twin thing hits the fan.

May 27, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
But everyone is suggesting King to the Saints next year,no one is suggesting King to GC,and I don't think these kids are freaks,they're just kids.

Heaven forbid what I'm going to be like next year when the twin thing hits the fan.

If we don't do something utterly stupid like give Freo our 2020 first rounder, then I daresay we'll load up on Ben. It'll plague him all year until Gold Coast can get a big contract extension under his nose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheEnsign

Club Legend
Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Jun 24, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
12 and a future first for Hill?

We'd need a second coming back; puts it on par with the Shiel trade. Tbh that sounds about right given that Shiel has been AA but then was advised to leave GWS for cap reasons; and Hill wants a trade but Freo seem o.k. with hanging on to him. So Shiel rated higher as a player at time of trade, but push/pull factors balance it out.

Having said that, every man and his dog knows we're pitching for Bing next year so not sure how we plan to do this.

Omin

Senior List
Sep 6, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda

Why do you care? We won’t be the first club to try and lure a high end draft pick after 2 years to the club. Last time I checked this is exactly what Bulldogs did with Boyd

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Why do you care? We won’t be the first club to try and lure a high end draft pick after 2 years to the club. Last time I checked this is exactly what Bulldogs did with Boyd
What does Boyd have to do with twins?

And didn't Boyd retire from mental health issues?

Why do I care?
Maybe check out the suicide rates etc.
They are going up not down.

The website has a beyond blue link..all is good.

Americanpies

Club Legend
May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

I guess the reason people are thinking they are going to the Saints is because they are from Victoria. You are right in saying they could both end up at the Gold Coast, but any player at all in the AFL... the home state has a leg up in the future of the player.

The only real reasons for players not wanting to play in their home state that I have seen are -

1 money
2 partner is from X state
3 to get in to/out of the football bubble in a place like Melbourne or Perth.

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I guess the reason people are thinking they are going to the Saints is because they are from Victoria. You are right in saying they could both end up at the Gold Coast, but any player at all in the AFL... the home state has a leg up in the future of the player.

The only real reasons for players not wanting to play in their home state that I have seen are -

1 money
2 partner is from X state
3 to get in to/out of the football bubble in a place like Melbourne or Perth.
Agree ...still doesn't explain why people think the kings are theses really weird freak kids?

Oct 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Agree ...still doesn't explain why people think the kings are theses really weird freak kids?

Where players end up can be contingent on a variety of different factors. Some play for money. Some for the chance at a premiership. Some for the club they barracked for as a kid. And some with family.

The latter two are where the Kings are. They're mad keen St Kilda supporters, live in the area, and we've been involved with them well before the draft and through Max's ACL.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Where players end up can be contingent on a variety of different factors. Some play for money. Some for the chance at a premiership. Some for the club they barracked for as a kid. And some with family.

The latter two are where the Kings are. They're mad keen St Kilda supporters, live in the area, and we've been involved with them well before the draft and through Max's ACL.
Yet do have to trade.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What was the point of the swap when 6 could have gotten Hill?

Apparently it couldn't have though. Freo wanted another 1st rounder.

I wouldn't be surprised if St Kilda end up going for 18 + 2020 first or 12 + 2020 first to get him. King will be uncontracted if they want him next year, need to stress less about that (If King nominated them it'd get done, as opposed to a 2 year contracted player).

This meets Freo halfway. No way they gave 6 + 2020 first, but 12 or 18 + 2020 first for Hill and change is probably close considering the contract situation.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm being sensative?
I sure am...this website thinks everything is covered by running a beyond blue ad,players are spuds etc etc..but now twins are openly clones.

I respect your legitimate points,but many are saying the Saints will get the twin like twins are freaks,joined at the hips.

Respect goes a lot further than a cash grab beyond blue ad?

All people are saying is St Kilda aren't giving up too much in the way of future picks because they'll have an eye on Ben King. Doesn't mean Ben has an eye on them, but considering Lethleans comments, the Saints are going to chase him hard and want to keep tradeable value just in case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back