Review Saints v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, it's also innate that ability to draw defenders and then split the gap or shrug the tackle

Sometimes, he slows down, so that a couple come to him, then he splits them or gives the handball, thereby making his team mates free

It's instinctual play that can't be taught

Have a look at the Carlisle highlights just after Carlisle kicks the goal at 3:16. Every player is getting around him, ruffling his hair, slapping him on the back etc.

But Nathan Brown has clearly run the length of the field and stretches out his arms for a big bear hug. Such a little thing, yet it shows they are developing quite a thriving partnership as the kingpins down back. Great to see!

Watching back the full game highlights I think my favorite 2 moments were:

- Billings gather on the far wing before riding the bump from Gibson. Just stood up under the pressure, rode the hit and the delivered the ball forward. He is building is Jack.

- Gresham's spoil and goal. The sense that he was a chance to take that ball then the speed and skill to execute the spoil, collect the footy and weave back for the goal shows why he is so highly rated.

- Gresham's spoil and goal. The sense that he was a chance to take that ball then the speed and skill to execute the spoil, collect the footy and weave back for the goal shows why he is so highly rated.

Nah wrong. Gresham was a result of that terrible trade where Saints gave up #5 for only Carlisle and some magic beans.

Gresham actually is an apparition who doesnt play for the Saints.

I know all this because David King explained it to me.

I think Carlisle is really liked by his teammates. Good to see him enjoying his footy and his surroundings.

The emphasis was put on winning at the coalface, while at the same time the addition of Sinclair added class on the outside. It was a well balanced side that shouldn't really be changed for next Friday, with the possible exception of including Paddy.

According to this correspondent, Roberton best in four of six games so far this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sinclair's career high in disposals and kicks.

The funny thing is that Sinclair's problem, for someone who is a lovely kick and a good decision maker, is that through his first two seasons, he had 140 kicks and 167 handpasses in 27 games.

Saturday? 15 kicks, 6 handpasses. Excellent.

Last edited:
Not sure I'd bring Paddy in this week. I believe Sandy are playing a very weak side this week, a chance for him to become super confident after he kicks about 15!
.....Then bring him in for the Blues and Swans. :D

Not sure I'd bring Paddy in this week. I believe Sandy are playing a very weak side this week, a chance for him to become super confident after he kicks about 15!
.....Then bring him in for the Blues and Swans. :D

Yeah he won't be the guy to make the difference against GWS.

AFL has been taking them down on copyright grounds since they made replays pay for view.

Hopefully one pops up soon.

Absolutely disgusting, that.
They've gone from free access with the smart match replays to a paywall. Then I find out even my subscription on my phone isn't enough for a replay.
Greedy.

21 years old and 22 games. It shows why the giants wanted to hang on to him.
I get the feeling he could end up being our best trade.
Took a big step on the weekend.
His ability to get his hands free in tight for a handball or just quick give is amazing. He also has some class, moves reasonably well and kicks pretty well, all going along with a force attack in ball and man. He's going to be a very nice player.

Ugh...
1o7gmv.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back