Review Saints v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely disgusting, that.
They've gone from free access with the smart match replays to a paywall. Then I find out even my subscription on my phone isn't enough for a replay.
Greedy.
It's a bit of a piss around if you haven't already got it set up/don't really know what you're doing with it, but I've been using the media centre program 'kodi' to watch replays and live games that aren't on FTA, through the AFL add on that you can download here.

As far as I can tell you don't need a Live Pass either.

It's a bit of a piss around if you haven't already got it set up/don't really know what you're doing with it, but I've been using the media centre program 'kodi' to watch replays and live games that aren't on FTA, through the AFL add on that you can download here.

As far as I can tell you don't need a Live Pass either.

Just make sure that you're using a quality VPN if you're using Kodi

Billings 2.9 this year. If he could nail some goals he would already be at that Chad Wingard or young Stevie J level. Should have had a bag against the pies too.

5 goals 19 behinds since rd 8 last year

he needs to learn how to elevate a drop punt.

Watched the highlights on my phone but didn't think it right to comment until after I sat down and watched the entire game. My thoughts:
  • I know I'm his advocate but geez Louise Roberton is in the form of his career. About one out of eight kicks is a scrubber or off target or ineffective but those other seven are lethal. 600 metres gained shows how far he can roost it, he's a go-to man when we want to move the ball forward rather than sideways, plus the two goals were both nailed from around the 50 metre arc. But it's not just the kicking, his defensive pressure was outstanding, the chasing, intercept marking, that beautiful clean spoil on Gunston of all people. If he continues in this vein, I will burn down AFL House if they overlook him for All Australian selection (metaphorically speaking, AFP, metaphorically speaking).
  • Jimmy Webster had a game that almost matched my man 'Teen Wolf' Robbo but two goals puts my boy ahead. But in every other respect Webster matched him, devastating ball movement off that magnificent right foot of his, defensive efforts, tackling, the whole kit caboodle.
  • I really liked Sam Gilbert into the ruck. Got a few taps, maybe not to advantage but he put up a decent contest. More importantly when the ball hit the deck his strongest feature came into play - the tackling. A few Hawks would've seen cartoon birdies after Sammy did what Sammy does best.
  • The kicking for goal was excrement but I quite liked Billings game. He showed a willingness to take players on and a strength to shrug them off that we've not seen enough of. Now if someone could put his kicking in the direction of the big sticks...
  • During the school holidays I played golf with Jack Newnes and Seb Ross. Since then I've watched them both closely, it's remarkable how well the housemates work together. Look for yourself.
  • Take a bow Jake Carlisle and Nathan Brown. I praised you last night without a proper viewing of the game and you proved me more right than I knew.
  • Roo rules.
  • Still need to keep working on those yips in front of goal.

Look he may have won 10 more hitouts but I think it is a stretch to say Billy destroyed him.

Ben ended the day with 18 touches, 2 goals and 26 hitouts.

Billy ended the day with 5 touches and 36 hitouts. He was also only on the ground for 80% That tank needs to improve. He is up against Mumford next week and will be taught a lesson if he doesnt improve.

I'm sad to say this after a great game but Longers hit outs just go anywhere at least Hickey looked to try find a player . Around the ground Longer is all but useless 5 touches against a slow moving man like Ben is just shocking especially when you see how many Ben had . Longer just isn't the answer, Lewis isn't the answer , Holmes isn't and Hickey showed last year he was . All this talk about how many ruckmen we have is silly when at least two wouldn't get a game for anyone else and Longer would be a back up at best . I think they should be looking for a new ruckman and if they find one then delist Lewis and Holmes .

Sent via HAL

C-tznBHUIAAe677.jpg

I'm sad to say this after a great game but Longers hit outs just go anywhere at least Hickey looked to try find a player . Around the ground Longer is all but useless 5 touches against a slow moving man like Ben is just shocking especially when you see how many Ben had . Longer just isn't the answer, Lewis isn't the answer , Holmes isn't and Hickey showed last year he was . All this talk about how many ruckmen we have is silly when at least two wouldn't get a game for anyone else and Longer would be a back up at best . I think they should be looking for a new ruckman and if they find one then delist Lewis and Holmes .

Sent via HAL

At present Hickey's form has seen him become backup to Longer.

You really need to watch the replay of Saturdays game too...Billy's ruckwork was brilliant.

McEvoy had plenty of touches as Hawthorn flicked the ball around the half back line. The 2 goals were pretty fortunate too.

Absolutely mischievous to look at their numbers & draw conclusions on who was more valuable to their team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac obviously wasn't that influential with all his disposals and goals, as he didn't get a vote from Richo or Clarko, while 7 others did, including Mitchell from Hawthorn.

I re-watched bits and pieces of the first half last night and Mac also got a number of his touches and hitouts during the periods when Billy was off the ground.

There's also a very high likelihood that Billy was off the ground when Mac kicked that 2nd goal, as there was no sign of him in the side-on, or behind the goals vision when or after he took the mark, and Gilbert was the one who contested the centre bounce 30 seconds later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally got to watch the whole game.

I say it every week but I'll say it again: so stoked with what Seb Ross has turned into. If we had another two of him we'd be pushing for top 4 this year. Decision making and ball use is on another level. Winning a decent amount of his own ball too.

Difference between Stevens and Dunstan - enormous.

Awesome how much Webster is finding the ball lately, not as awesome is what he's doing with it. I'm not talking about the risky ones he takes more the picking out one opponent in between three Saints and easy 20m chip passes to honour a lead. To be honest though he's probably not used to getting the ball this much but he will. Building nicely is Jimmy and I'm rapt to be wrong about him.

20+ every week please Sinclair. Can't be satisfied with doing it once we need it each and every week! Sublime.

Steele will be an animal in two years.

Good to have a big win but it's easy to beat up on a side that's worse than what we are at contested ball. True test is next week.

MacEvoy destroyed Longer.

I fear for Friday with Mumford. He will completely dominate Longer in rhe ruck and around the ground.
Even Lobb will kill Longer let alone Mumford.
It is a HUGE concern.

And I'm sure Longer might have got one or two of his massive 5 possessions when Ben was off the ground and also he may have got a few hit outs when Ben was off the ground. We are stuck with Longer so lets hope he plays a great game.

MacEvoy destroyed Longer.

I fear for Friday with Mumford. He will completely dominate Longer in rhe ruck and around the ground.
Even Lobb will kill Longer let alone Mumford.
It is a HUGE concern.

This honestly reads like a politician talking down the oppositions new policy.

You could say Hickey's frees against are a HUGE concern, no?

Truth is both of our rucks have huge flaws right now, and what one does better than the other is cancelled out by their major weakness. Longer earned his spot on the weekend

I say it every week but I'll say it again: so stoked with what Seb Ross has turned into. If we had another two of him we'd be pushing for top 4 this year. Decision making and ball use is on another level. Winning a decent amount of his own ball too.

Awesome how much Webster is finding the ball lately, not as awesome is what he's doing with it. I'm not talking about the risky ones he takes more the picking out one opponent in between three Saints and easy 20m chip passes to honour a lead. To be honest though he's probably not used to getting the ball this much but he will. Building nicely is Jimmy and I'm rapt to be wrong about him.

20+ every week please Sinclair. Can't be satisfied with doing it once we need it each and every week! Sublime.

Good to have a big win but it's easy to beat up on a side that's worse than what we are at contested ball. True test is next week.
I'd like Seb's sprints coach. If there is such a person then s/he has done an amazing job.

No he didnt. Unfortunately and for some unfathomable reason the coaches think he can play

I personally think he is a plank and is next to useless but will unfortunately play for us so I will support him and hope he dramatically improves.
Haha doesn't seem like you're giving him much support mate

If Seb goes on to win a Brownlow there might be a few awkward moments at extended family gatherings.

Last edited:
At present Hickey's form has seen him become backup to Longer.

You really need to watch the replay of Saturdays game too...Billy's ruckwork was brilliant.

McEvoy had plenty of touches as Hawthorn flicked the ball around the half back line. The 2 goals were pretty fortunate too.

Absolutely mischievous to look at their numbers & draw conclusions on who was more valuable to their team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. Longer's taps were very good from what I saw...

Steele already is an animal! 5th most tackles in the league atm if I'm not mistaken.

Watched the highlights on my phone but didn't think it right to comment until after I sat down and watched the entire game. My thoughts:
  • I know I'm his advocate but geez Louise Roberton is in the form of his career. About one out of eight kicks is a scrubber or off target or ineffective but those other seven are lethal. 600 metres gained shows how far he can roost it, he's a go-to man when we want to move the ball forward rather than sideways, plus the two goals were both nailed from around the 50 metre arc. But it's not just the kicking, his defensive pressure was outstanding, the chasing, intercept marking, that beautiful clean spoil on Gunston of all people. If he continues in this vein, I will burn down AFL House if they overlook him for All Australian selection (metaphorically speaking, AFP, metaphorically speaking).
  • Jimmy Webster had a game that almost matched my man 'Teen Wolf' Robbo but two goals puts my boy ahead. But in every other respect Webster matched him, devastating ball movement off that magnificent right foot of his, defensive efforts, tackling, the whole kit caboodle.
  • I really liked Sam Gilbert into the ruck. Got a few taps, maybe not to advantage but he put up a decent contest. More importantly when the ball hit the deck his strongest feature came into play - the tackling. A few Hawks would've seen cartoon birdies after Sammy did what Sammy does best.
  • The kicking for goal was excrement but I quite liked Billings game. He showed a willingness to take players on and a strength to shrug them off that we've not seen enough of. Now if someone could put his kicking in the direction of the big sticks...
  • During the school holidays I played golf with Jack Newnes and Seb Ross. Since then I've watched them both closely, it's remarkable how well the housemates work together. Look for yourself.
  • Take a bow Jake Carlisle and Nathan Brown. I praised you last night without a proper viewing of the game and you proved me more right than I knew.
  • Roo rules.
  • Still need to keep working on those yips in front of goal.
Websters a left footer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back