Preview Saints v Lions - 1:10 on Sunday @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know who will be getting game on Sunday

"While in the back half, the continued development of Brandon White will please those in higher places at St Kilda. The 19-year-old was amongst the best off half back, showing off a booming left foot for 26 disposals and six tackles. His last quarter (11 disposals), in particular, was sublime and created a launch pad as Sandringham went after the win."
pretty good considering they said he had a terrible tank which would take a few preseasons to sort out. he could be arron fiora or peter matera like most of our list.

pretty good considering they said he had a terrible tank which would take a few preseasons to sort out. he could be arron fiora or peter matera like most of our list.

i thought that was Rice who had some tank issues. White seemed to play more as a small one on one defender who could play short or tall but at 188cm has had to create a running game.

Good to see that my boy Coghlan had a good game too.

Fully recognising the impossibility of it, I choose to talk about what needs to happen for us to overtake North for a second, just so this game feels like it matters.

One of the problems we've got, is that the Giants don't really have any incentive to pummel the Kangas. They are in 5th, but in order to get to 4th and the double chance, they not only need to win, but one of the other four teams in there now have to lose, which they won't (Cats won't lose to the Dees, Crows won't to Weagles, Swans won't to Tiges, Hawks won't to Pies). And if the Giants DO win, they don't need to really win by much, because their percentage is already 142%.

Basically, if the Giants needed to win by 100 points to boost their percentage enough to go from, say, 5th to 2nd, THEN I think they would do it. That would help us a lot. But other than that, they haven't got much incentive to do so.

But then...

THEN, my friends...

As I said, it is highly likely that they will finish fifth - it's virtually a lock. That means they will play 8th. And they are in the position to help decide who they play against that next week. They may like the chance to play against fresh meat (finals wise), and so push to drop the Kanga's percentage so we have a chance to make finals.

Of course, that doesn't really work either. Because if they can pummel the Kangas enough to do that, why would they want to play somebody else? And especially, why would they want to set up the possibility of playing a team that just won against an opponent (even if it's the Lions) by 170 points or something?

Okay, I think I'll go have a little nap now.

Of course, that doesn't really work either. Because if they can pummel the Kangas enough to do that, why would they want to play somebody else? And especially, why would they want to set up the possibility of playing a team that just won against an opponent (even if it's the Lions) by 170 points or something?
They pummel the Kangas to demoralise them in the belief that it is virtually impossible for us to win against Brisbane by enough to overtake the Kangas.

"While in the back half, the continued development of Brandon White will please those in higher places at St Kilda. The 19-year-old was amongst the best off half back, showing off a booming left foot for 26 disposals and six tackles. His last quarter (11 disposals), in particular, was sublime and created a launch pad as Sandringham went after the win."
Where is that quote from? I haven't seen a VFL individual review from Huddo on the Saints website for a few weeks now, which is disappointing.

Fully recognising the impossibility of it, I choose to talk about what needs to happen for us to overtake North for a second, just so this game feels like it matters.

One of the problems we've got, is that the Giants don't really have any incentive to pummel the Kangas. They are in 5th, but in order to get to 4th and the double chance, they not only need to win, but one of the other four teams in there now have to lose, which they won't (Cats won't lose to the Dees, Crows won't to Weagles, Swans won't to Tiges, Hawks won't to Pies). And if the Giants DO win, they don't need to really win by much, because their percentage is already 142%.

Basically, if the Giants needed to win by 100 points to boost their percentage enough to go from, say, 5th to 2nd, THEN I think they would do it. That would help us a lot. But other than that, they haven't got much incentive to do so.

But then...

THEN, my friends...

As I said, it is highly likely that they will finish fifth - it's virtually a lock. That means they will play 8th. And they are in the position to help decide who they play against that next week. They may like the chance to play against fresh meat (finals wise), and so push to drop the Kanga's percentage so we have a chance to make finals.

If I remember correctly, the last time Brad Scott knew that NM would play the same team in the last round of the H&A and the first week of the finals he played a much weakened team and concentrated on winning the final.

Football is a strange game and Brad Scott is a strange dude (he's a coach after all) and there is a bye between H&A and finals this year so you never know what he'd pull out of his hat that might open the door for our 180+ into slip into 8th spot. Maybe he'll tackle GWS Assistant Coach Lenny Hayes into the fence ... oh wait ...

Back in the real world ... I'm looking forward to this week's game. I hope we put on a good performance to set us up for a good summer and run-in to 2017.

Hope we can see White get a game seeing it is the end of the season and we are almost a guaranteed a win so it would be great for us to see what he can do at AFL level and (Probably) have a win at the same time.

But then...

THEN, my friends...

Very true. As far as I'm concerned though the only motivation GWS need is the fact that they're playing North. Ick. And then you factor in that their coach is Brad Scott. Double ick.

Whitey would have played last week if Geary didn't get up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannot fathom how anyone thinks Shenton will get another game at St Kilda. No chance of finals, but a good win here is still important.
So bringing in a player who's been averaging 3 goals a game for the last 7 weeks will cost us the game?????????????

So the first question is - Can Sam Fisher be the only player in AFL history to have a one week hamstring injury? Given its a squad named tonight is suspect he will be named to give him a chance.

Next question - Do they bother with Hickey even if he is OK or just give him an extra week off given his work load for the year and give Holmes another run?

Next question - Do we have a debutante in Sunday? (probably White but possibly Coughlan if Fisher not fit)

Final question - Is Cam Shenton

best-toaster-oven-550x264.jpg

So the first question is - Can Sam Fisher be the only player in AFL history to have a one week hamstring injury? Given its a squad named tonight is suspect he will be named to give him a chance.

Next question - Do they bother with Hickey even if he is OK or just give him an extra week off given his work load for the year and give Holmes another run?

Next question - Do we have a debutante in Sunday? (probably White but possibly Coughlan if Fisher not fit)

Final question - Is Cam Shenton

best-toaster-oven-550x264.jpg

I don't know how long a rookie upgrade takes but I think we might have left Coghlan too late. White I reckon might play but Hickey would be a silly inclusion if he's not 100%.

Would love to give Shenton a last game. He's a really nice guy who has done a great job in the VFL all year. Hope we give him a role at Sandy if he doesn't keep his senior spot next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back