Autopsy Saints v Pies Round 9, 2018. Same old story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Was going to eventually share this story on here to say that I have personally seen what JB is currently going through on field but it works with this current rumour as well.
Absolutely fantastic write up there Salmon8........it was a truly interesting read.

Like you....it would kill me if JB moved clubs or left the game.

I still have huge faith in him.....from the outside looking in...he just appears a "little lost"

Four things come to mind when I think of him.

-His game against Ess at Etihad 2014.

-Against the Dogs in that infamous come back game in May 2015.

-Against the Bloos last year at Etihad.....30 and 5......magic!

-The absolutely priceless look on his face when he slotted the sealer against the Weagles late last season.

Fingers crossed he can work thru his "demons" he's experiencing at the moment.

Lots of ignorant posts here on this.
Many thanks from me and my family to the voices of reason and to the mods for deleting some of the more unsavory and downright stupid posts.
Best of luck to Jack, any other player and anyone on this forum afflicted by this crippling state.
Good on you mate. Stay healthy

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

So he was walking down the street and someone yelled out that he was soft and overpaid... Now granted i have no idea what was said but so far everyone can speculate on what was said or done. If he fears for his safety then i do feel bad for the kid and action should be taken against those people in question. Yes he would be under pressure, but that's nothing out of the ordinary with everyday people being under pressure with work, mortgages, kids etc.

Anyways I've said my peace on this topic and i do hope he gets the help/support he needs to get through whatever he is dealing with.
Surely there is much more pressure on his job and his ability to perform than the average person. He is a public figure. I don't know how many times he has been abused in public or what was said to him but for him to get off of social media and be affected by it means it's probably happening often.

Lots of ignorant posts here on this.
Many thanks from me and my family to the voices of reason and to the mods for deleting some of the more unsavory and downright stupid posts.
Best of luck to Jack, any other player and anyone on this forum afflicted by this crippling state.
Not a good subject matter for this type of forum. Both side of the argument can be right or wrong depending on the individual and/or the circumstances, and all we're running on is a single piece of unsubstantiated gossip (no offence coop). There will be no winners here, so maybe it can be moved to the TBC shelf and if people see fit they can PM. I'm gunna have a durry outside for a while till this goes away.

Future posts of this nature will not be tolerated. End of story.
Good stuff George.

I've known several people who have suffered some form of depression....it can be a very dark place that your taken to.

Medication and strong friendships can go an awfully long way to a great outcome.

Thankfully all of those people have come out the other end ok.

Not a good subject matter for this type of forum. Both side of the argument can be right or wrong depending on the individual and/or the circumstances, and all we're running on is a single piece of unsubstantiated gossip (no offence coop). There will be no winners here, so maybe it can be moved to the TBC shelf and if people see fit they can PM. I'm gunna have a durry outside for a while till this goes away.

Well I’m right. Only been wrong once and we have since divorced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Social media has opened up a whole Pandora's Box for us humans: I think it was one of the Facebook founders Sean Parker that did an interview recently admitting that they had no idea what they were unleashing on the world and he fears for the future with regards the way humans are adapting to it... the anonymity and the narcissistic stuff is a toxic combination.

As for abuse on the street, well it has always happened unfortunately... Australia is a nation of the tall-poppy syndrome. Combine that with the celebrity worshipping culture and social media we have now and footballers are right in the sights of many in society. It's horrible but it's a fact and if you want to be an elite sportsman, it comes with the territory. Again, it's horrible but unless society changes overnight (which it won't) it's a fact.

I've only ever had one person I know play for the Saints, a good mate's younger brother. He was very talented but never made it... played a handful of games A lot of it was down to mental health issues. I would see him out on the town often and we'd always have a beer and he'd open up about his struggles. Sometimes I'd ask him why he wouldn't confide in the club leaders about his struggles. His answer was always the same "they are robots, footyheads, they would never understand..." Sure enough they went on to play many games and are feted by all and sundry while his name is synonymous with wasted talent or barely remembered.

The reality is, the environment for professional athletes is getting more cut-throat by the day. To make it, players need to be become more robotic. There's not much room for thinkers... they usually get weeded out of the system. I hope there are really good player-liason officers down at our club that can train them on the perils of social media. Honestly, I think for many the best option is to pull the plug on it. It sounds like JB would be a good candidate to do just that.

I'd suggest as well going into the future we should have a good psychologist assessing the players for their ability to deal with pressure against how much they listen to external criticism/and are able to block it out. I would think in the current age we live in, a safe bet would be to select players with high abilities to block out such noise. The spotlight that social media and celebrity athletes has put on players isn't going anywhere... not everyone is set up to handle it, we are all different. I hope we keep this in mind for our future drafting.

Last edited:
Sorry real man, I will run everything by your lordship before posting.

Only a real man like you should have final say.

I will also tell my daughters her dead friend was just a sook because a real man hiding behind a fake nic and avatar said so.

We are very much on the same side of this debate but sometimes the way you speak to some of the posters who hold a different opinion to you is borderline what you are speaking out against.

We are very much on the same side of this debate but sometimes the way you speak to some of the posters who hold a different opinion to you is borderline what you are speaking out against.
Nah he can take it. He is a hard man.

Told us all himself.

There is nothing wimpish about reaching out for help. I view it as a very brave thing to do. I love the Aussie saying "Get around him boys" it couldn´t more appropriate for our mates and fellow human beings that need help with life´s hurdles.
Spot on there Super.

One of the more disturbing articles I have read recently was a lengthy article in the Age hard copy last year...the Sat edition I think.

It stated that in the Australian construction industry(which I think now with the building boom employs 10% of the workforce) every second day...one worker decides to end it all.

That's a lot of people each year in that industry deciding to end it all.

I was taken aback by that article....I'd never heard any info before about that industry and haven't seen anything since.

Like him(as Premier) or loathe him(as Prez of the Hawks)...I've always admired Kennett for his involvement in Beyond Blue.

He seemed to take so much from the state as Premier and with Beyond Blue.......he may have felt it was time to give something back.

I think his stewardship of that organization was fantastic.

As a very hard arsed Premier, many thought he'd be the last person to head Beyond Blue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely there is much more pressure on his job and his ability to perform than the average person. He is a public figure. I don't know how many times he has been abused in public or what was said to him but for him to get off of social media and be affected by it means it's probably happening often.

Well as the saying goes the more you earn the more pressure you are put under, it's just the nature of the beast. Well there are or pros and cons of being a public figure and if the cons were that bad then we would have only a handful sport stars and cebrities. We both have no clue what was said or happen to him and we can just speculate on the situation. If someone called him and soft prick that wets the bed at the sight of a contest from across the road then you would be on my side that he needs to get a thicker skin if that affected him. On the other hands if some e is actually threatening/stalking him, I'd I'm more than happy to take it all back and apologise to him.

Perhaps these hard men could post their names and addresses, work contacts

Steve. Mower man in east Bentleigh. 0414 sorry forgot the rest but if you live around that area and want your lawn mowed call me.

Well as the saying goes the more you earn the more pressure you are put under, it's just the nature of the beast. Well there are or pros and cons of being a public figure and if the cons were that bad then we would have only a handful sport stars and cebrities. We both have no clue what was said or happen to him and we can just speculate on the situation. If someone called him and soft prick that wets the bed at the sight of a contest from across the road then you would be on my side that he needs to get a thicker skin if that affected him. On the other hands if some e is actually threatening/stalking him, I'd I'm more than happy to take it all back and apologise to him.

What if 300 people said your first option. That could effect anyone hearing it all the time especially off the footy field

Jeez thanks real man. You are right across it

So tough.

Just read a piece by Jack Viney on jow he struggled with SM.

Needs to grow a pair like a real man hey champ?

Maybe you should tell these guys F2F.

Somehow doubt you would.

Okay big fella settle down.

Stop trying to be a hero.

What if 300 people said your first option. That could effect anyone hearing it all the time especially off the footy field

Well if that truly would effect him that much, then he has some serious psychological issues that need to be sorted out before he goes back out on the field.

Well if that truly would effect him that much, then he has some serious psychological issues that need to be sorted out before he goes back out on the field.

But why. It would effect me after a while and bugger all effects me. Iv had plenty of experience walking around with a few afl footballers and whilst most of the stuff said is good some of it would make me want to belt the person but they don’t have that option. And I was only hearing things every so often. They hear it daily.

Steve. Mower man in east Bentleigh. 0414 sorry forgot the rest but if you live around that area and want your lawn mowed call me.

Steve -mower man - yeah right - can't fool me. I know your name is Jim!

But why. It would effect me after a while and bugger all effects me. Iv had plenty of experience walking around with a few afl footballers and whilst most of the stuff said is good some of it would make me want to belt the person but they don’t have that option. And I was only hearing things every so often. They hear it daily.

Anyone saying that sort of stuff wouldn't affect them is talking crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back