Autopsy Saints v Richmond - Thanks Roo

Remove this Banner Ad

He guys just thought I'd pop in and say thanks for the memories Roo. The game lost a true champion today. I remember the last game of Richo and it took years to get over him retiring I still wish he was out there.
Just gotta say you have an exciting young team and will only get better. I have a soft spot for the saints as the wife's side of the family are one eyed supporters.
All the best in the off season guys and thanks again for producing such a quality player and bloke.
Cheers

Going to be a tough few years, now that jack mcflurry stevens has lost his pace we no longer have any elite players. Gresham 5 goals was really impressive, sincs was really impressive, steele, longer and dunny were really good. Do we need nathan brown in the team, we lose bounce of the half back. Lonie 11 disposals @46%d.e, 0.1 is not good enough. He has had too many chances, hes failure to kick a 20 metre set shot should be the final nail in the coffin. Hard to watch saints after roo. We need pace.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Going to be a tough few years, now that jack mcflurry stevens has lost his pace we no longer have any elite players. Gresham 5 goals was really impressive, sincs was really impressive, steele, longer and dunny were really good. Do we need nathan brown in the team, we lose bounce of the half back. Lonie 11 disposals @46%d.e, 0.1 is not good enough. He has had too many chances, hes failure to kick a 20 metre set shot should be the final nail in the coffin. Hard to watch saints after roo. We need pace.

wonder if he got a game to say you've had enough chances. Its time to go Lonie.

Few points
  • Longer was great today, rucking, tackling, pressure he was doing it all.
  • Gresh had a breakout game in a really big way
  • Carlisle was a great pickup
That being said the tiges did destroy us in the middle with some really slick movement (They had at least 2 players running forward seemingly at every stoppage)

That bit of rain didn't help turned Dusty into an unstoppable force til it dried up (umps as well)

Brown, Weller, Lonie, Bruce, Roberton, Webster are below what we need right now.

We won all of the stats except I50's which they won by 6 to win by 47 points we need to fix our defence or our forwardline to go forward.

Bruce/Wellers drop in form and Billings kicking cost us finals.

Defence Brown's a boat, Roberton can't play 3rd tall Pick 2 of Roberton, Webster, Savage and trade 1 for a marking spoiling 3rd tall.

Lonie's actions setup about 3 or 4 of our goals today. Anyone stating he is a useless player is kidding themselves and simply want a scapegoat.
There were a few insipid performances today, JL wasn't one of them. He tried his guts out but if we are being honest you'd have to question his place in the team atm. Let's see what happens next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lonie's actions setup about 3 or 4 of our goals today. Anyone stating he is a useless player is kidding themselves and simply want a scapegoat.
At one stage the team had 14 tackles and Lonie had done 5 if them.

People just see what they want to see.

Thank you Roo.
It's been an absolute pleasure and honour to watch your career from start to finish with my beloved Sainters.
You are a true St.Kilda champion.

On a side note, Billy Longer :thumbsu:
Keep this improvement up mate and you will be a huge part of our next flag tilt.

Th
Would have made no difference Lonie and Flacres were having stinkers.
ats the point if there's no harm in doing it why not try it.
Like worst case we get a lot of goals kicked against us by there midfield which was happening anyway best case is that one or more of acres gresh or lonie dominate and show that they are clear and pure mids. Most likely somewhere in the middle where they get some more experience playing on the ball but Richy is to stubborn to try and do that

At one stage the team had 14 tackles and Lonie had done 5 if them.

People just see what they want to see.

If we are lookong for somebody to just lay a few tackles than we may as well just play Nathan Wright. At least he makes them hurt.

Nobody is disputing Lonies effort. Tries harder than anybody, unfortunately he is genetically challenged and his skill errors really hurt us.

One of his turnovers in the first was as big a howler as u will ever see. Had a bloke 20m in front in the clear, another one 40m out the back. Splits the difference and picks the Richmond bloke 30m away. Executes either kick it is a certain goal as we had the overlap.

Makes these fundamental mistakes so regularly I don't know how u can miss it, but hey people see what the want to see right?

Jacks will be fine lost something after the lung puncture will be strong next year had 13 contested possessions, 8 clearances, 7 I50's and 2 GA's needs help Selwood was getting sat on in 2014-15

Remove this Banner Ad

Back