Review Saints V Tigers 8 July

Remove this Banner Ad

keep-calm-we-have-arrived.png

Looks like the lean years are over boys, now no one can deny we are top 8 material.

Where to begin? That second quarter was just about one of the best quarters I've ever seen us play. Won every contest, constantly had an answer and made it look like a training drill.

The score line reflects what happens when we kick straight. Converting dominance into goals has been a problem for us but wasn't tonight.

Also, praise to Billy! Controlled the HOs, took some clunks, kicked the ball and even snagged a sausage!

Ben Long is a maniac when he doesn't have the ball and elusive when he does. Hope he plays for the rest of the year.

Trent Cotchin is also the biggest imposter of a player I've ever seen. He should give back his Brownlow medal and let Sam Mitchell be the sole recipient of the 2012 Brownlow. Absolute fraud.

The great: The fact that it was a team win where the was no one really wandering around like a headless chook.
The good: The first 3 quarters where we won the game of footy handsomely over supposed superior opposition who would do as they pleased.
The bad: Richmond. They were rather insipid.
The report:

Well the first quarter set the tone for the match where we simply wanted it, and Bruce was 90% the go to man if only he didn't shank most of his shots on goal because he wanted it and was there to get it. Cotchin on report, Membrey might be sighted (looks worse on replay than it does live) and for a large chunk of the match we were sexy and it was beautiful to watch.

Good:
Footy we played in the first 3 quarters was magical, we'd be hard to beat if we play like that every week. Would love to see that footy against Sydney/Adelaide in the future.

Bad:
Only negative was we could've won by more but coming off a 6 day break from Perth it's understandable.

Some great individual efforts...

Gilbert on Dusty... beast.

Robbo sliding in to make a contest... desperate.

Gresh is like those inflatable punching clowns... knock him over and he just bounces back up.

Roo WTF? Never write off a champ.

In the preview thread I question if last week was a turning point for this group... answered tonight.

Billy Longer is finding some fitness. I guess his importance showed when he went off with the blood rule. Seems to be finding his confidence.

Apart from Webster, is this our best 22? Would drop Long for him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First half was the best of the year. 3rd quarter was ok, Tigers rallied a bit but we also responded but a bit sloppy. 4th was disappointing.

Overall a strong win against a strong team. You take that every day of the week. But there's definitely room for this team to play a more complete game. Let's hope it comes in September!

Some great individual efforts...

Gilbert on Dusty... beast.

Robbo sliding in to make a contest... desperate.

Gresh is like those inflatable punching clowns... knock him over and he just bounces back up.

Roo WTF? Never write off a champ.

In the preview thread I question if last week was a turning point for this group... answered tonight.

Billy Longer is finding some fitness. I guess his importance showed when he went off with the blood rule. Seems to be finding his confidence.

Apart from Webster, is this our best 22? Would drop Long for him?

I think Webster would replace Mackenzie, still think their is a spot for acres...

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is Membry a chance to go straight to the tribunal? Didn't look good. Not sure what he was trying to do. Just as he's starting to fire.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back