tim_saints

Premiership Player
Jul 16, 2008
Wonga Park
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles - MUFC
im all for it the teams atm are playing great and it wood b a aweosme match and to get an extra 30,000 at the MCG wood b awesome compared to 55,000 full house at the Telstra Dome:thumbsu: just get other peoples opinions on the move u for it or against it:thumbsu:

Yep, we only play 1 game at the G, I'd be up for changing a hell of a lot more than 1 game...

Probs give Geelong an advantage by moving the game there, but we need experience on the ground before September...

against it.. would be a huge difference in the game giving geelong an advantage
i agree when need match play on the G, however why move our home game there when we play the Dome so well??

True samuel, but the odds are if we make it to the GF we will meet Geelong and it will be at the G. Lets have a crack at them during the season there

True samuel, but the odds are if we make it to the GF we will meet Geelong and it will be at the G. Lets have a crack at them during the season there

Halfway through R5

-17 Rounds Left
-Possibly Finals

Before we start thinking of the GF

While indeed the match is a long way off it's a good thing they want to change it as 1 game at the MCG is a joke.

We asked for 3 MCG home games in 2008, got zero.

We asked for 3 MCG home games in 2009, got two.

It's because all the povo teams sell games interstate and they have contracts at the dome stating they have to play X amount of games there a year. They won't move it.

who cares if we make the finals or not if we cant beat geelong at the G. No prize for 2nd and below

im not following you,
first you say we will make the GF and play Geelong
and now your saying
who cares if we make the finals, to beat Geelong in H/A would be good???

Please Explain...

1. AFL NEVER EVER EVER EVER moves games for 'crowd' reasons. ever
2. dome is our ground, rather play em there
3. 8 weeks away, stop getting ahead of urself fool!

1. AFL NEVER EVER EVER EVER moves games for 'crowd' reasons. ever
2. dome is our ground, rather play em there
3. 8 weeks away, stop getting ahead of urself fool!
mate its in the papers and everything not me that syaing it im getting opinions on the word in the media it was in the paper this morning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've had a similar thread going on the main AFL board, in regards to the Collingwood game in a few weeks' time. To me, this is just a no brainer - yes we are less likely to win if we're not in the haven that is the Docklands, but really, it's about "risking losing the battle, to win the war." I don't mind risking one home and away game, or even a few, for us to learn how effective our new game plan is on the ground that we will be playing IF (and of course it's still IF) we make it to the Grand Final.

The bigger question is why the hell a Collingwood home match against St.kilda is not at the MCG and at the docklands? Then there is the silly Monday night issue with that.

The crowd can complain all they want, but there is no chance the AFL will move to a new venue due to crowd reasons.

The bigger question is why the hell a Collingwood home match against St.kilda is not at the MCG and at the docklands? Then there is the silly Monday night issue with that.

The crowd can complain all they want, but there is no chance the AFL will move to a new venue due to crowd reasons.

I suspect 2 things as to why the afl made the monday night fixture at the docklands, 1 being it was a trial for the afl to test weather a decent side crowd would come out or not since its a monday night match, and since the saints style of play last year was ordinary (before half way mark) along with them thinking we would crash out this season thus not attracting a big crowd.. lol havent the afl got egg in there face now, we are the best team to watch besides geelong at the moment serves the afl right. Regarding the Geelong match i have no problems in the saints moving from the dome to the mcg bigger crowd but more importantly a good test for ourselves playing at the ground where grand finals are won.. and since we only play 1 game there this season the afl should change it. Go sainters!

We need more games at the MCG. We play MCG tenants Carlton, North Melbourne & Collingwood away at the Docklands, and Hawthorn away at Launceston. We don't have an away match against Richmond. We play Essendon and the Western Bulldogs away at the Docklands, as to be expected. We play Melbourne at the MCG in the 175th home and away game for the year out of 176.

As for the Collingwood game, it will be one of the very few games played in Melbourne over the last 10 years I won't be able to get to, as I'll be at the Gold Coast for work. Will be watching it on Prime QLD, however!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back