Saints, Where are they going wrong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Grendel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 23, 2000
Spanish Announcers table
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Alright if Watosn stays as will probably be the case, and almost everyone thinks that on paper they have a side capable of a top eight and maybe a top four finish. Then whats going on at Linton st?

When the Hawks came back from that half time game last year at Waverly, it is like ever since then the saints just dont have any self belief. Having seen how they toyed with us in that first half of footy I dont understand whats happened.

Are they overated,underacheiving or has age gotten to the big guns in Lowe Burke and Harvey. Everitt seems to be shouldering all the load at the minute and where is Young? I hated it when Hawthorn cleared him as his foot skills are supberb.

More important can they come back from where they are now, if there membership is down and their fans dont get behind them will this also lead to more losses as the players might think why bother if no body comes to see us play? Is Colonial a ground not suited to the style of play they are used to?

Im curious why a side i rated pretty high in the pre-season is struggling so badly?

Grendel,

The saints don't seem to run out the game.

I saw some stats last night on talking footy about the saints 3rd quarters and they have kicked 12 goals and conceded 32 goals and they have only won 1 quarter in the second half of the 5 games this season.

For years all the Saints ever wanted to do was win just one premiership.The pity is that that sentiment has become entrenched in the St Kilda psyche!!!
For a team so full of stars they couldn't beat s**t with a stick, I think I'm having fond memories of Timmy Watson in a channel 7 jacket!!!!!!

I suppose our third quarters are consistent which hasn't been said about our club for quite a while. I think blaming the teams fitness is far too simplistic. Especially when we have recruited the highly regarded fitness co-ordinator Mark Smythe from the doggies. It is definitely the mental side of the game that it is losing it for us. And to tell you the truth, it is starting to piss me off just a little. Some might say we should be used to losing and in a way that is true. But throughout the 80's we did not have the talent that we have now. I didn't catch Talking Footy because I have been boycotting it. Sheehan has long had a grudge against St Kilda and so many sections of the media are lining up ready to give it to Timmy that I hope our revival begins.

Perhaps the little retreat and so-called "bitch session" at Neil Roberts place down in Lorne will get our season back on track.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back