Discussion Saintsational

Remove this Banner Ad

saintspremiers

Senior List
Aug 14, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
Lot of discontent at the moment at our club's main unofficial forum, Saintsational. Will Big Footy become the main Saints forum soon??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

There is healthy debate. A lot of posters ditched SS for here. Compared to other clubs, activity level on BF is low. Why isn't this forum more active??

I've never been a member of Saintsational, but have had a look at forums every now & then over the years. There does seem to be a huge amount more bickering & infighting on there from what i have read on some of their threads...

You get some healthy banter here & the vast majority is pretty good

I was a regular over there & still have a look each week but every single thread is highjacked by a handful of self pleasurers who destroy any chance of discussion.

It's a place that you avoid like the plague after a loss.... some seriously deluded membership microwavers always carrying on.

It's a pity as there's some very insightful people who post on SS.... but it's harder & harder to get to their opinions with all the other nuffies fighting amongst themselves.

BF Saints is just like Frank Constanza's poolroom........the place to be!

i am a member in both, post in both.

saintsational doesn't accept new members at the moment? not sure. there seems to be some bickering but i ignore it, its the interwebs, not real life. although the bickering might spoil it for some, they should open up to new members as its the same people in there (this off course will open it up to more trolls) but it needs new blood.

must admit i have been posting more in here lately, although i would prefer to use our own site than this one (sucking up our browsing data, selling it off, etc, etc)

I also post on reddit afl forum as well particularity Friday sledge topics (funny banter)

i am a member in both, post in both.

saintsational doesn't accept new members at the moment? not sure. there seems to be some bickering but i ignore it, its the interwebs, not real life. although the bickering might spoil it for some, they should open up to new members as its the same people in there (this off course will open it up to more trolls) but it needs new blood.

must admit i have been posting more in here lately, although i would prefer to use our own site than this one (sucking up our browsing data, selling it off, etc, etc)

I also post on reddit afl forum as well particularity Friday sledge topics (funny banter)

I'm on both and they both have their place. SS is like going to a disfunctional family function where too many get on the turps and tell you how they really feel about you. There are a couple of dodgy drunk uncles that cause all the trouble but they are largely humoured by the bulk of people.

BF is more like a civilised tea party where everyone doffs their cap and says "after you my good man" before posting. Sometimes you just want a bit of Jerry Springer time over at SS sometimes you want adult opinion. This place is like Singapore where you feel like there is an expectation of good behaviour - Ss on the other hand is like some Eastern European Senate where to many breakfast vodkas have put everyone to on edge to sit still and listen to idiots opinions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why, who doesn't enjoy going into a six-page thread about a particular players' performance, and discovering that five pages of it is just "mine-is-bigger-than-yours" drivel between a handful of posters? :rolleyes:

I pop over there when I've read all the threads on here and I have some time spare. I virtually always regret it. The fact is, it LOOKS like there's more stuff on there at times, but once you actually take away all that petty banter, there's rarely a quarter of the actual quality content that you would get here in comparison.

Big footy as a whole is a pretty poor forum in my opinion (the main forum is just simply awful most of the time) but the Saints page and the other club forums are really pretty good in their own right.

As for Saintsational, could never get an account authorised so * them haha.

I tried to register with Saintsational a few months back, registration page didn't work.

Was an infrequent user of BF when they ran their forum on phpBB (the same as Saintsational), their migration across to their new forum platform
XenForo really made a huge difference for me.

As a computer geek, I acknowlege that BF is running on cutting edge software combined with excellent hosting. At this stage there is no comparison but I do wish Saintsational would migrate to software that works and give it a chance to fly.

Around 2009/2010, I tried to sign up for Saintsational, but they never verified my account... Sounds like I might have dodged a bullet.

Same with me, I registered an account with them before I joined here and never got it approved, not sure why.

Prefer this forum anyway, better posters here and much easier to read with the white background, the dark background at Saintsational makes it difficult to read.

I also like the fact that this forum has posters from other clubs, just posting on an exclusive Saints forum with only the same old Saints supporters would get pretty boring.

Why, who doesn't enjoy going into a six-page thread about a particular players' performance, and discovering that five pages of it is just "mine-is-bigger-than-yours" drivel between a handful of posters? :rolleyes:

I pop over there when I've read all the threads on here and I have some time spare. I virtually always regret it. The fact is, it LOOKS like there's more stuff on there at times, but once you actually take away all that petty banter, there's rarely a quarter of the actual quality content that you would get here in comparison.
Ha ha, so much of all this. :thumbsu:

Joined in mid 2009 and made over 3000 posts on there, but haven't posted there for over a year and have only had a brief look there once or twice in the time since. Don't miss it at all, especially the petty, childish, bickering and s**t that goes on constantly. Felt a bit bad for the ones that don't get involved in all the s**t when I left though and hope some of them have started standing up to plugger66 in particular, since, as he just tended to like to try to make just about every thread about himself, which I really didn't like.

Last edited:
I don't post on Saintsational but tbh I'm not interested in fighting, I'm interested in healthy debate with supporters who genuinely are interested in the club, how we are playing, what we can do to get better both off and on the field. How Sandy is tracking etc.

I joined BF but never posted for the longest time as I was living overseas. Glad I started as have enjoyed it a lot.

Met some great folks on here too!

Laughed at the musings of Helen Nexus and the like too!! :eek::p:D

I got sucked into the bickering on there. Not good. Got banned, so they probably did me a favour in the end. There area few nasties on there, so stupid me for getting involved. Some serious violent threats via PM and all.

Just not worth the stress in the end. It certainly brought out the ugly in me.

The first time I posted I was accused of being another poster with a new ID and it all went down from there. I am pretty blunt so no croc tears from me.

There are / were a few decent people on there including Gazrat and Mr Magic.

There is healthy debate. A lot of posters ditched SS for here. Compared to other clubs, activity level on BF is low. Why isn't this forum more active??

Because BF is boring compared to Saintsational. There are some real characters on Saintsational that are very entertaining and it is better than watching reality TV.

I still enjoy BF and read more than I post but that is mainly because most of the discussion on BF read like the regurgitated cliches and commentary in the mainstream media which doesn't entice me to engage in more discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back