All Australian
Oct 13, 2004
Hobart
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pacers
Hey BF,

I've been playing fantasy NBA in some form for going on 15 years now, and while I enjoy the couple of keeper leagues I participate in every year, I've found myself this year wondering if there's a format that allows me to use my enjoyment of both stats and the salary cap in addition to my current leagues - especially with Yahoo now allowing users to "set and forget" far more easily.

What I've been thinking about is a league where each team carries a salary cap of say, $100 million, and drafts players accordingly. There's no incentive or penalty for being under the cap, however if you go over the cap, your weekly total is penalised by the amount you go over (this would probably have to be a points league). I've done some extremely rough numbers on this and calculated that based on the median NBA salary of the top 200 fantasy players last year, for every dollar of salary above the median, you gain around 56% more production. For example, if you draft a team with salaries of $110 million, you'd be penalised based on the extra production you get as a result of the extra $10 million - so your weekly points would decrease by 5.6%.

Does something like this already exist, and if it doesn't, would anyone be interested in a format like this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back