Salary cap leniency for an extreme circumstance?

Remove this Banner Ad

TP86

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Edit: Read post 9 in this thread - it looks like the AFL is well aware of the situation the grand final replay creates

I honestly never even though about that... the question is how much would a team spend in match payments and bonuses per match? I remember reading somewhere last yr that it was fairly common for players to get as much as 2500 as a match payment. I dont know if that would be true because thats about $55,000 a week just in match payments.

I do know that players do get payments for individual honours, but im not sure if they are as specific as winning a norm smith....i think its just best on ground and such....not sure if there would be an increase because its finals footy, it would make sense though.

Surely that AFL would have to use common sense if a team was over the cap....the AFL should give them some of the millions they stand to earn for this extra game ahha

The teams are paid a certain amount for playing in a losing/winning GF by the AFL arent they? to be split between the staff and players and club expenditure. Or something to that effect, correct me if im wrong.

What is not counted when calculating TPP?

s
Match payments for AFL Finals Series Matches (all of the finals matches, so 3 so far for the players and 4 next week.)

Airfares and accommodation expenses for one person per player playing in the Grand Final

Premiership prize money sounds like the AFL will up this amount

The greedy prix should also announce half price tickets for their members or give the 2 clubs far more of the gate takings as a one off.
Not as though they were budgeting for it and a windfall straight into their consolidated revenue.

Do you have the link to the salary cap rules that state this? I'd like to read it for my own understanding. Are match payments capped and policed?
Excluding 2nd year players, ALL players' match payment are the same. 2800 per game this year. I'm not so sure that match payment don't count towards the cap, but the CBA is readily available for those want to find out for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back