Jordan Lewis

Best 22 squeezed out due to money
Xavier Ellis
Stpehan Gilham
Mark Williams
Clinton Young
Ben Mcglynn
Matt Suckling

Rated okish. Enough to get poached on better deals then they got at hawthorn. Ended up nowhere
Mitch Hallihan
Brent Renouf
Tom Murphy
Shane Savage
Kyle Cheney
Jed Anderson

I mean your not going to write home about the last 5, but all 5 Hawthorn were not going to delist that year and got a lifeline, all got better deals elsewhere

But nah we've never offloaded any players. First two on the list were handy though. do you agree?
Three so called guns half a dozen ok players and a heap of spuds

Hardly a large turn over. After franklin left they recruited Frawley for some 900k per season and still had room to throw multi million dollar offers at Hurley and Castile from Essendon

Three so called guns half a dozen ok players and a heap of spuds

Hardly a large turn over. After franklin left they recruited Frawley for some 900k per season and still had room to throw multi million dollar offers at Hurley and Castile from Essendon
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/fcdb69c6666a5fbb241dac67ab103b13
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...s/news-story/597ab8a238f450c04de39a432bd1dd09

link says 2.2M over 4 years and 2.5M over 4 years. Where did you get the extra 1.5M from? I know your talking s**t but i just want to know how your justifying it

Also, are you saying that Franklin and Kennedy are "So called guns" What would you call the best KPP in the comp for the last 8 years and a midfielder who went to win 3 B+F for his club, win a premiership, and multiple AA jumpers?

Also Brad Hill just took out a B+F, But only ok.

Last edited:
I think we all know the AFL do not connect Essendon and accountability in the same sentence.

How about a tip off about a drugs investigation so you can "come clean"?
How about draft penalties that don't stop you trading banned or potentially banned players?
How about independent legal advice for players? Nah, don't bother.
How about saying the players were innocently caught by a rogue sports scientist?
How about having the number 1 draft pick as a little reward for your trouble?

Ken Wood and Andrew Dillon may as well be on the Essendon payroll.
I would of interrogated Andrew Demitrious just fo those reasons above.

It would of been a bigger scandal Had Demetriou knew all about it and Turned a blind eye that the scandal wouldn't happen. And if he did, he would of done anything to cover his a**

The AFL added a clause to Buddy's contract specifying that his salary would be retained within the cap regardless of whether he played out his full 9 years. That's not the case for any other player contract within the league, but when you derail the AFL's attempts to manipulate the competition you're going to cop penalties (see: trade ban).
It actually is for all free agents

Re Vickery.... why did Collingwood pay so much for so long to Mayne. sometimes it is just a s**t decision by the club. When was the last time a club matched a restricted free agent offer? But, fair point.... it does look a bit stinky IF the contract was actually changed (no proof of that).
No what happened was the coach and the club wanted a pressure forward in Mayne, it was Gubby Allen who drew up the ridiculous contract under their noses. Hope he's good coach but

No what happened was the coach and the club wanted a pressure forward in Mayne, it was Gubby Allen who drew up the ridiculous contract under their noses. Hope he's good coach but

From what ive heard youre bang on

I doubt we'd be held to it as he wasn't a restricted free agent acquisition. Him retiring after 5 years makes no difference as the length of the deal wasn't used to pry him away from a club. I imagine it'd be similar for unrestricted free agents whose clubs have no opportunity to match the contract.the contract length is irrelevant unless you're trying to stop a club matching.
+1

The trade ban only happened because you tried to make a mockery of the COLA. Had you found your way under the real cap there'd have been no trade ban.

The trade ban was a measure to stop you from exploiting the 2 year transition period to buy a flag. It's pretty simple logic, if you can't restructure your payments under the cap for that year, how can you afford to trade for another player at well above a base wage?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/fcdb69c6666a5fbb241dac67ab103b13
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...s/news-story/597ab8a238f450c04de39a432bd1dd09

link says 2.2M over 4 years and 2.5M over 4 years. Where did you get the extra 1.5M from? I know your talking s**t but i just want to know how your justifying it

Also, are you saying that Franklin and Kennedy are "So called guns" What would you call the best KPP in the comp for the last 8 years and a midfielder who went to win 3 B+F for his club, win a premiership, and multiple AA jumpers?

Also Brad Hill just took out a B+F, But only ok.

Yeah good argument
But Kennedy was a list clogger on minimal minimal money at the time
So that's a long bow
Hill I might have won their b/f or even you
Lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back