Strategy Salary cap space. 20/21

Remove this Banner Ad

For starters, I'd guess north has more room than the blues.

Well as of now that they're adding Williams and Saad, but they've clearly had a lot of room to add in those 2 on inflated figures. Only clearing Kreuzer and Simpson really out of senior players compared to 8 or 9 from North, so you'd expect North to have more now.

What is jack Martin on for year 2?

Year 1 - probably around 1.1mil (precovid)
Year 2 - 900k
3-5: 1 mil total

Not sure what happens post covid having lost a big chunk of that first year frontload.

Geelong had more cap room than I was expecting.
They got dangerfield for ~800k a year, most other teams would be paying players of that caliber 1 million plus. They’ve got a lot of good players but I can’t see any of them being on huge salaries. Selwood and Hawkins would surely be on lower than market rate contracts at this point of their careers. Duncan and Stewart would be on decent coin but apart from that I’d struggle to think of anyone at geelong that would be over 500k a year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They got dangerfield for ~800k a year, most other teams would be paying players of that caliber 1 million plus. They’ve got a lot of good players but I can’t see any of them being on huge salaries. Selwood and Hawkins would surely be on lower than market rate contracts at this point of their careers. Duncan and Stewart would be on decent coin but apart from that I’d struggle to think of anyone at geelong that would be over 500k a year

Im sure there is a few. But they have a lot of older players who are retiring or would be on reduced coin.

100% of TPP - Will Schofield and the couple of guys who were de-listed. So I'd say we'd have about 5-6% available right now. Hurn and Kennedy re-signed so possibly their contracts are lower than they were for this year. Complete mystery really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back