Toast Sam Alabakis is with St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

This makes a lot of sense. It just wasn't viable to lose Hickey without adding another ruckman.

Also, I like the fact that he's Australian and has played rugby. It means he's familiar with the oval ball, tackling, and a general understanding of AFL - all issues which very tall basketballers from overseas would take some time to come to terms with.

So sort of a bigger, more agile, more skilled and more complete version of Longer.

A less Longer version of Longer if you will.

Love it

Go Sam
With that description dr I was expecting a meme pic too!
It's a bit of a dilemma Darkhour.

If I took all the bad bits of Longer off a picture of Longer, and then added the good bits of Alabakis, I would probably just end up with a picture of Alabakis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great. Another ruckman who can’t ruck. Bloke is a friggin basketballer. Not getting my hopes up
seriously do you wake up in the morning complaining that the sun is to bright ? it seems anything the club does without fail you will make a comment about how s**t a move it is ? does anything at all impress you or make you happy ? its a serious question cause its a very serious trait to have and it might be worth getting it looked at...

Just for clarification can someone please explain the implications of rookie lists etc? The article on AFL states that he is signed as a category B rookie. How is this different from a category A rookie and Seniors?

Cheers in advance

Cat B is not counted on the List but can only play when Player is on the Long Term Injury List

Just for clarification can someone please explain the implications of rookie lists etc? The article on AFL states that he is signed as a category B rookie. How is this different from a category A rookie and Seniors?

Cheers in advance
Cat B rookies usually have no prior football experience. Usually players from other codes, Irish rookies, and NGA prospects. Every club is required to have three of these players on their list.

Cat A rookies are usually taken from the rookie draft. Amount of Cat A rookies a club is permitted to have on its list is between 4-6, and depends on the size of the senior list.

For example,

Senior List - 38 Players
Cat A rookies required - 6

Senior List - 39 Players
Cat A rookies required - 5

Senior List - 40 Players
Cat A rookies required - 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back