Toast Sam Alabakis is with St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Cat B rookies usually have no prior football experience. Usually players from other codes, Irish rookies, and NGA prospects. Every club is required to have three of these players on their list.

Cat A rookies are usually taken from the rookie draft. Amount of Cat A rookies a club is permitted to have on its list is between 4-6, and depends on the size of the senior list.

For example,

Senior List - 38 Players
Cat A rookies required - 6

Senior List - 39 Players
Cat A rookies required - 5

Senior List - 40 Players
Cat A rookies required - 4
Required to have 3? That sounds wrong.
Have we ever had 3 at the same time?
From memory those NZ guys were like a scholorship or something weird but never an actual rookie.
Who else besides Connellan did we have last year?

Required to have 3? That sounds wrong.
Have we ever had 3 at the same time?
From memory those NZ guys were like a scholorship or something weird but never an actual rookie.
Who else besides Connellan did we have last year?
You may be right, apologies. I have been reading through the AFL Rules over the last day or two and may have misread it. But I don't quite know how those scholarships work, if they are tied into Cat B or a separate entity entirely.

sorry didnt get the irony in your post ... seen many comments of that ilk on facebook from people who are seriously angry by this apointment so assumed you were on that band wagon ...

honestly the hate on the facebook page people would think we gave up pick 4 for him ...
Facebook
There in lies that prob

Mehh cat b rookie
Someone had to get the gig
Might as well give it to someone who is coordinated, big and fairly agile rather than some complete unco nuffy
Good luck to the kid

Aug 28, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Coventry City
Well yes that is the whole point of this development category. It allows club to try out great talents who are howeve gambles because of their lack of AFL experience.

Unfair? So you want recruiting based upon participation awards?
I guess that’s a good point, I should’ve thought it through a bit more.

I am excited to see this kid though! Really hope he makes it he seems to have a great attitude towards the whole thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is Lars Vidovic any good...anyone know anything about him?

No idea, if he's in the Western Jets he's got some ability but no guarantee he gets drafted from there either.

Yeah, what did happen to that other bloke? The tallish one, you know, can football maybe...??? Him

Mark Bradke had a son that we were keen on but he chose Melbourne, he apparently has a bit more footy ability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back