Sam Dastyari - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't blame them for distancing themselves from the matter while it is being politicised. As for him seeking to do it for a tax deduction that's your speculation - nothing more.

As I've said I'm no fan of Dastyari. He's one of a few in the Parliament - in all parties - who don't add to the quality of representation. That said, the present matter is being beaten up by the ratbag right in the media and the right wing reactionaries in the Parliament for political purposes. Helps take the heat out of their incompetence too.

It was a witless act. He deserves being admonished. But unlike some in the past he did declare it.

Hehehehe you been on the turps tonight have you? Remember Bronwyn Bishop? the ratbag right in the media stitched the old witch up nicely. At least the old witch wasn't selling cash for comments.
The "well-paid" NSW senator owed money to the government and instead of paying the debt himself used his influence to get the $1600 from a Chinese donor, he said.
Senator Dastyari then during a media conference offered a position to different to Labor policy on China's territorial ambitions in the South China Sea.

"He's got to explain why this is not cash for comment," Mr Turnbull said.

Last edited:
Hehehehe you been on the turps tonight have you? Remember Bronwyn Bishop? the ratbag right in the media stitched the old witch up nicely. At least the old witch wasn't selling cash for comments.
She didn't declare it than proceeded to lie about it. Note the difference!
Yep classic BF response. Attack the poster. Sorry to offend you Sam.
So having done so yourself - ie made an ad hominem post: look it up - then having been torn a newy, that's the best you can do.

Your contributions have neither depth or understanding. Past your bedtime. Toddle off now!

So having done so yourself - ie made an ad hominem post: look it up - then having been torn a newy, that's the best you can do.

Your contributions have neither depth or understanding. Past your bedtime. Toddle off now!
Pretending to be the smartest guy on the internet fails when you add nothing but insults. Good posting is when you attack the posters points one by one. Your failure to do so highlights your lack of intelligence.

Explain why Dastyari shouldn't be castigated for going against the party line when speaking on the South China Sea? Does he realise the political and economical implications in doing so as an elected representative?

I don't mind sam but he has got to go,it is just blatant corruption even by the loose morals shown by our pollies this one stands out

really this guy stands out? have you been asleep? Sinodinos would be a better nomination. the fact is the system is broken. The rules are weak, and there are no real punishments for breaking them.

really this guy stands out? have you been asleep? Sinodinos would be a better nomination. the fact is the system is broken. The rules are weak, and there are no real punishments for breaking them.

It just hightlights the pathetic nature of our politicians when they are repeatedly told by security authorities & even their own parliamentary inquiry that political donations are a serious concern.
Sure we should castigate Dastyari for putting himself in a dubious position. But seeing the LNP get up on their hind legs & scream loud about this is just so pathetic.
Ban overseas donations.
Bloody fix it you idiots.

It just hightlights the pathetic nature of our politicians when they are repeatedly told by security authorities & even their own parliamentary inquiry that political donations are a serious concern.
Sure we should castigate Dastyari for putting himself in a dubious position. But seeing the LNP get up on their hind legs & scream loud about this is just so pathetic.
Ban overseas donations.
Bloody fix it you idiots.

There will be no crack down. Malcom is dodgier than the lot of them as well. I can only imagine how many skeletons are in that closet (not even thinking of the HIH skeletons). But Dastyari isn't just getting castigated for the donations. His comments on the South China Sea really do need explaining. Clearly he has put himself (and his own views) ahead of the Labor Party. Pretty selfish. Shorten is now in a similar situation as Tony Abbott was over Prince Phillip. Like Abbott, I expect Shorten will be equally as stubborn over Dastyari.

Tony Burke said yesterday somewhere that this stuff is actually normal in political circles, just not in terms of community standards. And that strikes me as how it is. Dastyari, doesn't 'go' for this, Bishop doesn't go for accepting donations. We just ban the whole foreign donations thing so it is more in line with the community expectations.

Tony Burke said yesterday somewhere that this stuff is actually normal in political circles, just not in terms of community standards. And that strikes me as how it is. Dastyari, doesn't 'go' for this, Bishop doesn't go for accepting donations. We just ban the whole foreign donations thing so it is more in line with the community expectations.
One of the points raised in opposition to banning Foreign Donations is that a 3rd party Australian Shell will be created. I can see the merit in this argument so another proposal I do like is no more corporate donations instead donations given as an individual name.

One of the points raised in opposition to banning Foreign Donations is that a 3rd party Australian Shell will be created. I can see the merit in this argument so another proposal I do like is no more corporate donations instead donations given as an individual name.
Yep, With a maximum amount per year, on a register that must be kept up to date.
The donations only get channeled to polsters & advertising agencies. Its all used to annoy the shyte out of us fer weeks before elections.
Enough of this crap. Give travel & advertising amounts to each seat equally, some travel allowances & thats it. No more advertising arms race, Its ruining our democracy, as dodgy as it is anyway:rolleyes:

Yep! And only those on the electoral roll.

at least sam tried to be a politician sinodinos is just a blatant con man, I was told a long time ago never vote for someone who has come from a dodgey country they are used to corrupt governments and just think its the way to do things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

at least sam tried to be a politician sinodinos is just a blatant con man, I was told a long time ago never vote for someone who has come from a dodgey country they are used to corrupt governments and just think its the way to do things.

look I struggle with the english language (and unfortunately it's my only language) but i really cannot make out what you are saying here.

If this happens, and judge for yourself if its a good thing or not, the union movement will be flying the red flag over Parliament within months.

Surely he has to go, are labour scared of sacking minority's?

Not sure whether it was worse than pretending he was a practising Muslim on Tele a few months back.

Member of Parliament gets money from a foreign power and starts pushing their governments view against both his own party and the government's policy. Is this an alp issue or a criminal issue?

Needs to go. What he has done is completely different to simply accepting political donations...he provided a return on those donations at complete odds with our national interest. It is virtually the definition of corruption. In tin pot nations they also wheel out the word sedition for this type of s**t.

I just cannot understand the mind set...he must have asked the bill to be paid/sent it.
...and why deliberately go against The Hague, Australia, UN, and every other nation on earth....for what ? $1600 ?

Either way he now has zero credibility on literally everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back