Sam Day, Ben Brown, Jake Carlisle, Jonathon Patton

Who will have the best career

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

None of them will ever be the true key forward, but can all have great careers as the second tall. Carlile probably the best served with his abilities

Statistically. How so???
The only full season Carlisle has played fwd was last year and he kicked the most goals, took the most marks and had the most disposals. Slightly behind Brown on average goals but still well ahead on the others.
This year Brown has easily been the best.
Bit frustrated by Carlisle. I See him following a similar path way to Hurley. Tantalising glimpses but inconsistent. But since mid last year Hurley has been great so hopefully Carlisle will follow the same path. (Who knows whether he can do that as a forward though)

I just think Carlisle is a serious gun defender. Granted Hurley is too but he's also a pretty good forward. So often teams try and turn a player into what they need rather than what they are, at the expense of the player. As I said we did it with Hansen and seemed to be doing it with durdin (allbeit a really short sample size).

Brown has played 14 games kicked goals in all bar 2 of those & multiple goals 9 times....not bad when he is still finding his feet.
I can see why people are not rating him because he is a bit of a one trick pony at this stage but that is a seriously good start.

At least Carlisle has shown he can play at an elite (or near elite level) down back which is still worth a fair bit. I remain a bit skeptical about whether he will finish his career up forward. I wouldn't be surprised if in a year or 2 he ends up back down back. Time will tell if he can find greater consistency up forward. Definitely capable of dominant performances on his day.

Patton was really impressive when on the field but he's had a horror injury run and may never get a chance to show his wares (or at least not at 100%). I think without injuries he would have been the best player though out of this lot. Would take him last purely because of his injuries.

I actually quite like Ben Brown. Good kick at goal, works really hard and can take a good grab. I'd take him second after Carlisle.

Day has the athleticism but he doesn't seem to put the performances on the board most of the time. 3rd.

Tough as there all still young and long way to go...but Carlisle by a fair way I reckon...if it said who do you think would be the best forward? Itd be a tougher decision but for "best career" im pretty confident in Carlisle. Can see why people are judging Carlisle as a forward as the other 3 are predominately forwards but it says career, Carlisle is naturally a talented back and could become as good up forward as he learns.

Tough as there all still young and long way to go...but Carlisle by a fair way I reckon...if it said who do you think would be the best forward? Itd be a tougher decision but for "best career" im pretty confident in Carlisle. Can see why people are judging Carlisle as a forward as the other 3 are predominately forwards but it says career, Carlisle is naturally a talented back and could become as good up forward as he learns.

That's why I put best career.

Another good game by side show today. He just has something about him, it might be the blue and white stripes or the ridiculous hair but whatever I love the 200cm kid.
Definitely belongs in here with the other lads.

We might see Ben Brown Vs. Carlisle this week I think.

Hurley to Waite
Hooker to Petrie
Carlisle to Brown

Carlisle has to play back. He's a gun there. I would love to see that at match up.

Side point, if you play all those guys back Joey will need to kick 5 for Essendon to win.

Carlisle will play forward, Fletcher will play on Brown.

Do you think Fletcher will want to zone off him? Brown is probably one of our hardest workers so he'll want to play pretty tight IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Fletcher is a horrible matchup for Brown at this stage of his career. Would rather send Carlisle back to mark him up and have Fletcher roam on another player.
No, he really isn't.

No, he really isn't.

well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man-gif-the-dude-lebowski.gif

Haaa I see what you did there! ^

Depends Carlisle is about ready to break out this year again..

Brown is probably better at this stage this year but Carlisles last year tops all ive seen of Brown.

Pattons knees concern me to really make a good player I think they may get to him sadly.

Sam Day hasn't been good at all from what I've seen.

Still think Carlisle from what ive seen but all depends where his career goes if he really starts playing forward or different options come in to play.

Haaa I see what you did there! ^

Depends Carlisle is about ready to break out this year again..

Brown is probably better at this stage this year but Carlisles last year tops all ive seen of Brown.

Pattons knees concern me to really make a good player I think they may get to him sadly.

Sam Day hasn't been good at all from what I've seen.

Still think Carlisle from what ive seen but all depends where his career goes if he really starts playing forward or different options come in to play.

That's about where I see it too.

Brown has a dodgy knee too unfortunately

I'm by no means an expert but he has had lot of trouble with it it seems
Hopefully they can figure something out for him forwards seem to cop alot of injuries maybe a move may benefit hes only young too if I recall correctly.

I voted for Ben Brown because he has a cool haircut and nice long slim/slender legs.
...Not because I'm a North supporter.

Back