Recommitted Sam Day [signs two year contract extension]

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering 18yo Ben King has been picked in front of Day to play at full forward this week, his papers looked stamped.

Injury cover only this season it seems until trades period. I guess he has had 8yrs to become a consistent senior player and he never got there.

Considering 18yo Ben King has been picked in front of Day to play at full forward this week, his papers looked stamped.

Injury cover only this season it seems until trades period. I guess he has had 8yrs to become a consistent senior player and he never got there.
Whilst he may only be depth I still think he gets a 1 year contract at suns or elsewhere

Well he just built himself a house in Adelaide.
For the right price, I think the crows should look at him as he has the size but does he still have the desire - if cheap enough he might be worth the punt? He was very highly rated as a junior at Sturt but has not been able to bring that to AFL level at this stage

For the right price, I think the crows should look at him as he has the size but does he still have the desire - if cheap enough he might be worth the punt? He was very highly rated as a junior at Sturt but has not been able to bring that to AFL level at this stage

Surely if there's a position the Crows are well-stocked in, it's key position players?

Surely if there's a position the Crows are well-stocked in, it's key position players?
Talia is late 20's and we have Keath and Hartigan as tall defenders - after that it is thin. Even Doedee is better suited as intercept or on the mid to smaller forwards. I think Otten will likely retire at the end of the season. As far as forwards go, we have young Himmelberg who is tracking very nicely, Fogarty who we need to get into the team and Tex and Jenkins as the bigger forwards.

Talia is late 20's and we have Keath and Hartigan as tall defenders - after that it is thin. Even Doedee is better suited as intercept or on the mid to smaller forwards. I think Otten will likely retire at the end of the season. As far as forwards go, we have young Himmelberg who is tracking very nicely, Fogarty who we need to get into the team and Tex and Jenkins as the bigger forwards.

Talia is only 1 year older than Day though.

And I think you're better off developing Fogarty and Himmelberg to replace the older 2 forwards, rather than bringing in Day.

Just my opinion

Talia is only 1 year older than Day though.

And I think you're better off developing Fogarty and Himmelberg to replace the older 2 forwards, rather than bringing in Day.

Just my opinion
I had Fogarty as the Hawks must have in his draft.
He will be a hard nut competitor & leader of a football club if it’s not at the Crows.

I had Fogarty as the Hawks must have in his draft.
He will be a hard nut competitor & leader of a football club if it’s not at the Crows.
Rest easy friend, Fogarty is earmarked for greatness at the crows - he is a SA lad, a big crows fan as a child growing up and is tracking nicely in the SANFL. With him, it will be the 3rd AFL season where most of us expect him to break into the side regularly as he would have had 3 AFL preseasons and it has always been his engine than needed developing. Watching him last year in the game V richmond where he ragdolled players in the tackle and fended off 2 players going at him at the same time - he is a special talent. I for one was absolutely stoked when he made it to our pick and our team could not call his name out quick enough

He is a player who relies heavily on athleticism, still remember his chase down tackle on Harvey. Unfortunately hip injuries really restrict pace and acceleration, his two key attributes. Hombsch and Butcher were never the same post hip arthroscopies and Day’s injury sounds far more significant.

Hopefully he can recover, if he can, he still has something to offer. However, I think the idea of him as a ruck or forward has to be forgotten. His best footy was as a CHB. Even if he has lost some pace, a good system will allow him to get to the right position more often than not. Hombsch still goes ok at the Gold Coast and Port before that, as an example.

I’m not sure going to a club to be ‘depth’ would be in his mind, certainly not if that meant moving away from the Gold Coast or a home and family in Adelaide. Either Adelaide club would have him as cheapish KPD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Building a house at Burleigh on same street as Swallow. Will get a Suns contract as one of the few senior leaders left and is a good influence. His Partner is from Adelaide, as is his family (Mum is now in Melbourne). The house in Adelaide is an investment - built two as part of an investment project with his Father. Does have a block of dirt to build his own house back there but. Will be very interesting to see how things progress. Suns would be crazy to let him go.

Now a Restricted Free Agent, are we led to believe he is in the top 25% at GC. Give us a spell Gil.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Tbh not surprising, we have no one else to pay the money to with the amount of 22 and under players we have. Scott Clayton was also paying ridiculous money to a lot of players. I.e Scrimshaw and Brodie were on something like 400k after not playing much 1st team footy.

logical pick up for the doggies at the right price. big questions over his fitness, but know for a fact dogs have been following him since his draft year and have had interest each time hes been out of contract. type of player beveridge would want too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back