Recommitted Sam Day [signs two year contract extension]

Former pick 3 KPP who can play either end.
Can’t get a game atm

A free agent so could see clubs taking a free hit here

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Former pick 3 KPP who can play either end.
Can’t get a game atm

A free agent so could see clubs taking a free hit here
If you paid more than GC and longer contract , he is all yours .

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
SA Media pumped him up as the next Carey in his draft....

How'd that work out?

I wouldn't be opposed to picking him up, nothing to lose.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Stuck in the 2's at the moment, as we have decided to go with a smaller forward line with Wright and a mid sized Corbett as our 2 key forwards. I love big Sammy, but while Wright is getting his 2 goals a game he won't be dropped.

Dew has tried to get him to be more aggressive and own the pill.

If we don't retain him, would love to see him get picked up somewhere else. I just worry that dislocated hip injury he got a few years ago has really hurt him.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Stuck in the 2's at the moment, as we have decided to go with a smaller forward line with Wright and a mid sized Corbett as our 2 key forwards. I love big Sammy, but while Wright is getting his 2 goals a game he won't be dropped.

Dew has tried to get him to be more aggressive and own the pill.

If we don't retain him, would love to see him get picked up somewhere else. I just worry that dislocated hip injury he got a few years ago has really hurt him.

As in his development ? Or has it affected his ability to play ..

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
As in his development ? Or has it affected his ability to play ..
I have 0 in sight into the injury or the club.

But I can't imagine having an injury that was described as the type car crash victims go through, being able to go back being to 100% of the athlete you were supposed to be.

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
Career has definitely stagnated since returning from his massive injury. Seems he is just injury cover now behind Wright & Corbett.

And the club is now training Ben King as a key forward.

I think Sam would love to stay at the Suns, extremely settled on the GC but I’m not sure he will even be offered a contract renewal?

He may need to look elsewhere.

Versatile big fella though, fwd/back/pinch hit in the ruck but has never matured into a consistent player.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Career has definitely stagnated since returning from his massive injury. Seems he is just injury cover now behind Wright & Corbett.

And the club is now training Ben King as a key forward.

I think Sam would love to stay at the Suns, extremely settled on the GC but I’m not sure he will even be offered a contract renewal?

He may need to look elsewhere.

Versatile big fella though, fwd/back/pinch hit in the ruck but has never matured into a consistent player.
If he comes cheap, I wouldn't mind the Dogs having a look. Hard to find big men that athletic, and we are desperate for mature KPPs, and I'm sure Bevo would love the combination of his speed and versatility

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
GCS Club doctor said his dislocated hip was worse than any injury he had ever seen and was 5x worse than a recent similar injury he had seen from a car accident.

This bloke will take time but needs a fresh start.

Would take him at North as he fills an obvious need if he is fit and firing.

GCS Club doctor said his dislocated hip was worse than any injury he had ever seen and was 5x worse than a recent similar injury he had seen from a car accident.

This bloke will take time but needs a fresh start.

Would take him at North as he fills an obvious need if he is fit and firing.
Think he would be a decent moneyball pickup
And if it doesn’t work out at least nothing was traded to make it happen

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Being and ex Sturt lad from way back when in his draft year - he was likened to a young Wayne Carey..guess he never quite came along. I think his time has passed but maybe in a different structure he might be able to find his game and play some good footy

Back