Toast Sam De Koning

Remove this Banner Ad

He will never leave the backline too elite at it.
SDK will smeak forward and jag a goal...in 4 years time.... Seeds will be like... SEE SEEE.... I told ya.

As SDK jogs back high fiving all 17 other players to continue playing his 150th at FB.

Go Catters

He will never leave the backline too elite at it.
He has already left it this season.

even wayne carey spent a season at the other end Of the field.

defenders are easier to find then fowards and dekonning skills are probably even more suited as a foward. His agility and vision are wasted in defence.

He has already left it this season.

even wayne carey spent a season at the other end Of the field.

defenders are easier to find then fowards and dekonning skills are probably even more suited as a foward. His agility and vision are wasted in defence.

So reading the play and getting to the ball first, thus stopping an opposition player from gaining access to the footy is a waste per your mind.
And the agility that allows this body at that size to react to aforementioned vision ... also a waste.

We have been screaming out for a big KPD, as has most teams, and we land one with a Rd1 pick whats more... and now instead of accepting the success we are picking holes in it and expression sadness about, in your opinion, his playing this role is a waste.

The definition of a hiding to nothing and never been happy with anything.

The most ridiculous opinion in a long line of ridiculous opinions. Im just happy that its yours and you've shared it.

GO Catters

So reading the play and getting to the ball first, thus stopping an opposition player from gaining access to the footy is a waste per your mind.
And the agility that allows this body at that size to react to aforementioned vision ... also a waste.

We have been screaming out for a big KPD, as has most teams, and we land one with a Rd1 pick whats more... and now instead of accepting the success we are picking holes in it and expression sadness about, in your opinion, his playing this role is a waste.

The most ridiculous opinion in a long line of ridiculous opinions. Im just happy that its yours and you've shared it.

GO Catters

I gotta also disagree with Seeds.
I mean SDK isn't just competing ok as a defender either, he's starring and killing star forwards at their own game.
He could be a taller, more composed Harry Taylor.
This is a different situation, we have a genuine star, likely All Australian decade plus key defender in our hands and we'd be mad to change it.

GO Catters

Such a pity we wasted Scarlett all those years by playing him at full back I guess.

Hard to believe the kids just fifteen games into his career, looks like a hundred gamer already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GO Catters
I think I recall the same poster devaluing the likes of Stewart and Enright as attacking half back flankers.
Also couldn’t see what value Close had to offer - we all make errors but those are mind bending IMHO 😁

I think I recall the same poster devaluing the likes of Stewart and Enright as attacking half back flankers.
Also couldn’t see what value Close had to offer - we all make errors but those are mind bending IMHO 😁
When someone came up with the time-honoured 'You couldn't make this stuff up', some of us here now figure we have a fair idea of what they had in mind.

The kid should get the rising star IMO but it'll go to the name Daicos because nothing is fair in the AFL.
I am probably the most unabashed SDK fan on here. Have been since the day he walked in the door. But Daicos will be a very worthy winner of the Rising Star in 2022. Already plays like a 150-gamer and is a real difference-maker in how he uses the football.

Since the skipper won in 2007, I figure only Mills, Walsh and maybe Jackson shape as being as influential as players across the comp as Nick is likely to be over his career. Genuine gun player in the making.

So seeing our King Samuel have to settle for a lazy six or so AA's (and some premiership success) over his time in the game will be perfectly fine with me.

GO Catters
Like :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

We did play him in the ruck and forward in the VFL
In Scotts latest press conference he seems to outline it as a deliberate strategy to expose the young guys to a variety of roles. Develops a greater understanding of the game and gives the Club a look at what they’re capable of before settling them into a more preferred position.

In Scotts latest press conference he seems to outline it as a deliberate strategy to expose the young guys to a variety of roles. Develops a greater understanding of the game and gives the Club a look at what they’re capable of before settling them into a more preferred position.
Hence why Neale played back in his first season.

We did play him in the ruck and forward in the VFL

Yes he did...Scott mentioned that today saying it was all part of his development.

There's an outside chance he visits up forward due to some disaster up forward, but having a class full back in your side is gold.

Hence why Neale played back in his first season.
There’s something about Neale, I’m a huge believer that , with his skills and size , he is going to be very special.
Him and SDK will excite for a long time , hopefully.
He also seems like a terrific kid who just loves a footy club environment- priority signing👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back