Toast Sam De Koning

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done to Sam although that is a Bradbury selection if there ever was one. He had a poor year but will bounce back. Young at CHB too - the young KPD stocks in the comp have shown nothing yet, it seems. Which is good news for us, with SDK and the more senior but still fairly young J.Henry at least.

Rachele over O.Henry is questionable. 11 more goals/assists for Ollie including bags against top teams.

Well done to Sam although that is a Bradbury selection if there ever was one. He had a poor year but will bounce back. Young at CHB too - the young KPD stocks in the comp have shown nothing yet, it seems. Which is good news for us, with SDK and the more senior but still fairly young J.Henry at least.

Rachele over O.Henry is questionable. 11 more goals/assists for Ollie including bags against top teams.
Kind of a Bradbury yes, but the taller ones take longer so his competition hasn't got going yet.

The flipside of that is that, arguably, neither has he

Kind of a Bradbury yes, but the taller ones take longer so his competition hasn't got going yet.

The flipside of that is that, arguably, neither has he
Yeah it's what made his 2022 season so incredible. It's so rare for a young KPD to do that well. He created unrealistic standards perhaps, but in reality a season somewhere between his 2022 and 2023 is about what he should be delivering.

Yeah it's what made his 2022 season so incredible. It's so rare for a young KPD to do that well. He created unrealistic standards perhaps, but in reality a season somewhere between his 2022 and 2023 is about what he should be delivering.

I think our deplorable pressure up the ground made it very hard for our interceptors this season as the quality of opposition ball coming in D50 was so much better than 2022 . Our pressure was fantastic and led to rushed entries last season , not so much in 2023.

SDK's a ripper though - apart from his aerial work his ability below his knees and handballing is first class. He's one defender I'd always trust executing a handball :thumbsu:

I think just reinforces how myopic we as supporters can be. We have all been disappointed on BF for Sam's 2023 showing. Yet 79% of AFL supporters had him in the best 22 under 22 and only 5 players (all huge future stars) got more than 79%.

Taking a step back it is just a marvel as to how good he is IN THAT POSITION for his age. No one else his age comes close. He is 4-5 years from peak and I am glad this award helps me step back to appreciate it

I think our deplorable pressure up the ground made it very hard for our interceptors this season as the quality of opposition ball coming in D50 was so much better than 2022 . Our pressure was fantastic and led to rushed entries last season , not so much in 2023.

SDK's a ripper though - apart from his aerial work his ability below his knees and handballing is first class. He's one defender I'd always trust executing a handball :thumbsu:
My impression, without studying replays, etc, is that the opposition started blocking him right from the start of the season, and he struggled to get cleanly to the ball drop for the rest of the year. That would have affected his confidence, and having sav down there may have changed his role somewhat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back