News Sam Docherty has undergone surgery for a malignant testicular tumour.

Remove this Banner Ad

90N90S

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
"CARLTON co-captain Sam Docherty has undergone surgery for a malignant testicular tumour after recently discovering a cancerous lump.

Head of Football Brad Lloyd said the surgery - conducted last Friday - went well, with 27-year-old Docherty expected to make a full recovery.

“The surgery went well and we’re incredibly pleased that it’s expected Sam will recover fully," Lloyd said.

“Obviously Sam’s health remains the Club’s number one priority and we will continue to support him throughout this time."

Wow what a horrible human being for wishing the worse outcome on someone

Wait what?

I was saying that I was hoping it wasn't a bad situation, but I've had a few and I completely misconstrued what I meant to say.

Thanks Buzzasto DaSilva for the assist. A shame that my own club's supporter has such a negative view of people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's obvious that he made a mistake.

Best wishes to Sam and his family. Great footballer, but more importantly, a great person.
Wait what?

I was saying that I was hoping it wasn't a bad situation, but I've had a few and I completely misconstrued what I meant to say.

Thanks Buzzasto DaSilva for the assist. A shame that my own club's supporter has such a negative view of people.
Ahhh gotcha bud. I just hope Doc is all good.

Malignant is not a good thing...

No I know, I've had a fair few lol, so I just wasn't thinking when I said that. Christ, my mum has cancer and so does my grandfather. My partner is a Blues supporter and they're my second team by virtue of that. I love Doch and have hated seeing him go through his knee recos the last two years. This on top, is just so unfair, and I'm just hoping for the best

Holy crap. So glad it's malignant, but still shocked the hell out of me reading the first part!

EDIT: Apologies, but I read the OP completely wrong and replied incorrectly in turn. Not what I meant at all. Obviously malignant is bad and benign would have been good. I'm no stranger to cancer...believe me.

Meant to say 'so glad he's had surgery early if it's malignant, but still shocked the hell out of me reading that first part'

Completely f*cked that one up
Delete post

Poor guy has had no luck at all. Hope he recovers to full health and fitness, and maybe get back to playing footy one day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back