Recommitted Sam Draper [re-signed for 4 years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to be in line for our number 1 ruck spot in the next few years. Can’t see us letting him go easily.

Seems a silly move from the saints as well. Marshall looks to be a jet.

Who the **** is he though?

Super talented mobile ruck who loves the contest, Loves a cuddle and puts in 2nd and 3rd efforts something that we at Essendon rarely see from the big guys. I have no doubts he will make the grade.

In terms of our young talent (21 and under) I'd have him 2nd to McGrath on my "please do not lose this bloke" list

Won’t be going anywhere.
Can’t wait to see him injury free and taking over the number 1 ruck spot at Essendon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like a really bad rumour that someone (Tom Morris) got sucked into and published. Don't think it has any merit, I'm sure St Kilda might have asked the question to his management if he might be available but it seems Essendon like him and wouldn't let him go. Would also set a bad precedent at Moorabbin - if he's worth 425k a year, what's Jack Steele worth when he comes OOC next year? Just smells like a big pile of nothing, this one.

Crazy Richo.

Did LOL when I heard this guy referred to as '#1 pick in the rookie draft' like it was a selling point. So, passed over 77 times and then picked up. Got it.

He is a better bloke and player then vardy and is still only 21

He should take it coz Woosh was never going to give him a game. Actually they should double up and go for Francis as well before he stuffs him up.

Sounds like a really bad rumour that someone (Tom Morris) got sucked into and published. Don't think it has any merit, I'm sure St Kilda might have asked the question to his management if he might be available but it seems Essendon like him and wouldn't let him go. Would also set a bad precedent at Moorabbin - if he's worth 425k a year, what's Jack Steele worth when he comes OOC next year? Just smells like a big pile of nothing, this one.

Sorry mate but that is b.s.. bartel Lewis and co took way under market value to try and win a flag. And at 450k that's light on when billings is on almost double that

Last edited:
Super talented mobile ruck who loves the contest, Loves a cuddle and puts in 2nd and 3rd efforts something that we at Essendon rarely see from the big guys. I have no doubts he will make the grade.

In terms of our young talent (21 and under) I'd have him 2nd to McGrath on my "please do not lose this bloke" list
Considering you guys are desperate for a ruck, I can’t imagine you letting him go. Let’s say that rumoured figure is true, it just means you might have pay him a bit more, maybe incentive based? But yeh he’s not gonna leave.

Sorry mate but that is b.s.. bartel Lewis and co took way under market value to try and win a flag. And at 450k that's light on when billings is on almost double that
The prerequisite for taking unders to keep a good side together is having a good side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back