Recommitted Sam Draper [re-signed for 4 years]

Remove this Banner Ad

you'll have Daniher who can hitout iun the Ruck if Needed, assuming EFC will get Mason Fletcher as a F/S this year, he can also Tap Hitout in the Ruck an play Forward or Defence. i think the main priorities the club will have is More Mids than another Ruck at this time. EFC tend to get Rucks in the Rookie Draft rather than the NAB Draft
Daniher, a bloke we're unsure will get over his OP and is basically cannon fodder in the ruck. Great. Essendon need may things, including a mature back up that isn't named Zach Clarke. It is possible to fill multiple positions based on needs, you know that right?

Daniher, a bloke we're unsure will get over his OP and is basically cannon fodder in the ruck. Great. Essendon need may things, including a mature back up that isn't named Zach Clarke. It is possible to fill multiple positions based on needs, you know that right?
yer, going by the 6 or 7 games, the club needs more Mids that can play, Sheil wasnt the icing on the cake the club was hoping he'd be. iTargeting another Ruck would be good an another Tall Defender that can take over from Hooker is a good idea then go after More Mids, if Daniher wasnt Tracking well im sure the club would come out an say that. , but then we dont know what the club has in mind what there gonna do during Draft night let alone who is gonna be delisted an or Traded. ya gotta see where ya weak spots are. ya need 2 more Merrett like players. Brisbaner got Talent , Essendon need Talented Mids getting another Ruck isnt exactly gonna get ya in the top4 is it.

yer, going by the 6 or 7 games, the club needs more Mids that can play, Sheil wasnt the icing on the cake the club was hoping he'd be. iTargeting another Ruck would be good an another Tall Defender that can take over from Hooker is a good idea then go after More Mids, if Daniher wasnt Tracking well im sure the club would come out an say that. , but then we dont know what the club has in mind what there gonna do during Draft night let alone who is gonna be delisted an or Traded. ya gotta see where ya weak spots are. ya need 2 more Merrett like players. Brisbaner got Talent , Essendon need Talented Mids getting another Ruck isnt exactly gonna get ya in the top4 is it.
The club needs many things. Including, but not limited to, some big bodied midfielders, two way running outside midfielders and a reserve ruck that can step in and play if Bellchambers goes down whilst Draper is recovering. You do understand clubs don't simply need one thing and one thing only, right?

Reckon Sam Jacobs or Ryder either one is better than Zac Clarke.

The club needs many things. Including, but not limited to, some big bodied midfielders, two way running outside midfielders and a reserve ruck that can step in and play if Bellchambers goes down whilst Draper is recovering. You do understand clubs don't simply need one thing and one thing only, right?
yeah. Essendon do need some Big Bodied Mids, , you have mentioned 1 i would look at ( Mitch ) an there is 1 that plays for BozHill hawkes who im suree also played as a 23rd player at EssendonVFL last year, that being Mason DeWit

Wow, a 4 year deal offered to a rookie listed player. I must say I'm a little shocked that if he was rated so highly, why he was a rookie.

It sounds a little like the strategy GC have offering Burgess, Corbett etc long terms deals...except you'd imagine on more coin

Wow, a 4 year deal offered to a rookie listed player. I must say I'm a little shocked that if he was rated so highly, why he was a rookie.

It sounds a little like the strategy GC have offering Burgess, Corbett etc long terms deals...except you'd imagine on more coin
Rucks are often taken late in the draft or as rookies. In Draper's case he had also only played Aussie rules for a year before he was drafted, he played soccer before that so he hadn't learnt the game much yet.

The four year deal itself is probably because there is interest from other teams and our decent rucks are basically down to Draper and Bellchambers at this point. Bellchambers being 30, currently injured, and taking a long time to heal. Locking Draper away makes sense, he's our only decent prospect whose career has more than maybe a year left.

should Trade TBC an bring in say a Darcy Cameron that way TBC would maybe get a 2 year Deal elsewhere if he wants that. Rucks tend to get better as they age, kinda like Wine

Apologies if this is listed somewhere obvious but does anyone know the trade period dates for 2019 (I know it’s in October I believe, just can’t find the exact dates)? Couldn’t easily find it on google. Cheers!

92bcb9a47da0032e97192e14e4fc924424f2c5e5.gif

Sammy!! Gif cuts off early as Mosquito kicks a nice goal after selling some candy.

should Trade TBC an bring in say a Darcy Cameron that way TBC would maybe get a 2 year Deal elsewhere if he wants that. Rucks tend to get better as they age, kinda like Wine
Yesterday you were spouting that a ruck wouldn't get us top 4 and now you want us to trade literally the only one that's AFL standard for a bloke who's played 1 game. He's got a year left on his current contract, he'll see it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yesterday you were spouting that a ruck wouldn't get us top 4 and now you want us to trade literally the only one that's AFL standard for a bloke who's played 1 game. He's got a year left on his current contract, he'll see it out.
they dont call me " dumdum " for no reason, but its a bit like Hodge scenario he went an played elsewhere while the hawkes bought in someone younger. i dont know a lot about Darcy Cameron but all i know he wants out of the swans to get more Game time but i would think if the Swans went after Michael Knoll there must be something not right about Cameron? i find that a odd Get they went after Knoll when they had Cameron. , but im still with what i said, a Ruck wont get you into top4, good Mids an Forwardline will do that. contracts mean jack, just look at Ryder, had 2 years left at Essendon an still got out.

Currently the preferred #1 ruck order goes:
Sandilands, Darcy, Lobb (playing him FWD/Ruck preferred over #1 ruck), Jones, Meek

If Sandilands retires it just shifts that along, but I expect the last two on the list to have their spots tabled for consideration.
What would you take for Jones?
3rd or 4th rounder?

Seems a perfect 3rd ruck behind Bellchambers, Draper, McKernan (bit like lobb in he is a fwd who can no.1 ruck in a pinch) and one of Z.Clarke/rookie developing ruck

What would you take for Jones?
3rd or 4th rounder?

Seems a perfect 3rd ruck behind Bellchambers, Draper, McKernan (bit like lobb in he is a fwd who can no.1 ruck in a pinch) and one of Z.Clarke/rookie developing ruck
I expect he will either be the cover for Darcy next year or you'll get him for free.

He was about to get a game as a replacement foe Bellchambers then did his ACL. Then Bellchambers hurt himself.

Kid was unlucky.

The ACL is a concern for me as his strength was his mobility. Hopefully no long term concerns.

i see Dawson Simpson has announced his Retirement from GWS , they'll want an experienced Ruck to help the younger ones come on. question is would you Trade TBC there , , Draper maybe out for 1 week an come in round2 in the seniors, how many games did NicNat play in the WAFL before coming back into the seniors?

i see Dawson Simpson has announced his Retirement from GWS , they'll want an experienced Ruck to help the younger ones come on. question is would you Trade TBC there , , Draper maybe out for 1 week an come in round2 in the seniors, how many games did NicNat play in the WAFL before coming back into the seniors?
Draper did his ACL in May. He isn't going to be back ready for round 10 let alone round 1. Also comparing one of the top 5 rucks in the league at a different club to an untried rookie is a really good comparison. Bellchambers will still be the #1 most of next year, why would we trade him?

Draper did his ACL in May. He isn't going to be back ready for round 10 let alone round 1. Also comparing one of the top 5 rucks in the league at a different club to an untried rookie is a really good comparison. Bellchambers will still be the #1 most of next year, why would we trade him?
Draper being as Young as he is will Heal quicker than an older Ruck like Nic Nat. why Trade Ryder when he was ya best Ruck? , GWS wont have any experienced Rucks to help the younger ones. plus the club ( EFC ) TBC was Thrown into the Ruck as a Number 1 when Ryder Left. if TBC wants 2 more years im sure he'd get an extra Year elsewhere just not at EFC as i would think EFC wants to rebuild from the ( drug affected players ) take for example 2 former EFC players now playing at Melbourne. its the same with Hawthorn Clarko will have to rebuild that club an unfortunetly he'll have to trade his most senior players out ( like he did with Lewis an Hodge an Mitchell ), but we dont know what TBC's plans are or the clubs, why would you trade Stringer out when he was Footscrays Premiership player.

Round 10 might be when he looks to play AFL, but with him only being 21 and doing the injury in may i expect him to be able to start playing VFL from maybe round 5-6 (of the AFL wherever that sits in the VFL timeline)

Draper being as Young as he is will Heal quicker than an older Ruck like Nic Nat. why Trade Ryder when he was ya best Ruck? , GWS wont have any experienced Rucks to help the younger ones. plus the club ( EFC ) TBC was Thrown into the Ruck as a Number 1 when Ryder Left. if TBC wants 2 more years im sure he'd get an extra Year elsewhere just not at EFC as i would think EFC wants to rebuild from the ( drug affected players ) take for example 2 former EFC players now playing at Melbourne. its the same with Hawthorn Clarko will have to rebuild that club an unfortunetly he'll have to trade his most senior players out ( like he did with Lewis an Hodge an Mitchell ), but we dont know what TBC's plans are or the clubs, why would you trade Stringer out when he was Footscrays Premiership player.
Ryder left due to the saga. Bellchambers had experience at #1 before that unlike Draper right now. I'm not saying thatWS wouldn't be interested, I'm asking why Bellchambers would leave a place where he's #1 ruck to go to GWS where he won't be?

Ryder left due to the saga. Bellchambers had experience at #1 before that unlike Draper right now. I'm not saying thatWS wouldn't be interested, I'm asking why Bellchambers would leave a place where he's #1 ruck to go to GWS where he won't be?
do you understand that Dawson Simpson has announced hi retirement? an there's doubts GWS will also give Shane Mumford another. im sure TBC would love a Break as the number 1 Ruck. GWS will need Experience to help ( Briggs ) an possibly another Ruck. no point arguing azbout it when we dont know what the plans are for Drapers Senior debut is.

My guess is he will play round 1 AFL or VFL.
he'll have to play VFL for maybe 2 or 3 weeks an then who knows thereafter. but TBC needs a Break from being the GO-TO-MAN all the time. an Draper as i have said before an i will say it again, he needs to learn from the best in the business, an thats from Gawn an Grundy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back