Remove this Banner Ad

upnsmoke

Club Legend
Sep 2, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
And some people on the media and here wanted to drop him.

His very first 2 games told me he is a keeper.

- good decision with his inside 50 kicks.
- efficient ball distribution, no fancy handball to a team mate under pressure.
- doesn't hold onto the ball too long or too short, Pendles like in terms of ball distribution.

His weakness is pretty much due to his small frame... He seems to struggle to lay a hard tackle because he doesn't have a hard body nor a big frame.
But as an offensive player.... He is a star. Very Hawthorn-like player... If you know what I mean.

Staki_13

Senior List
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Awesome season so far for Dwyer, he's so composed with the footy. Pendlebury like.

SpongePie

Premium Platinum
Feb 14, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
He would have to be in the top 10 for the Copeland right now. Wouldn't be surprised if he was top 5 based on the games played so far.

TheFasoloShow

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2012
Drouin
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
absolutely love him!!! gives it everything each time he takes the field, he played like a 200 game veteran last night. HINE HAS STRUCK GOLD AGAIN :)

rand corp

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
asia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Great game, just wrapped for him. Fills a real need for us and doing it with style at the minute. Great football story.

Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Melbourne (VFL)
Was out best last night IMO. When the game hung in the balance he stood up. 14 disposals and a goal in the last quater. The bloke is a gun.

I think you guys said that same comment in the game against Carlton.

Could be turning into your 'go to man' when the game is on the line.

I can imagine Pies supporters with banners now saying "In Spud We Trust".

I think you guys said that same comment in the game against Carlton.

Could be turning into your 'go to man' when the game is on the line.

I can imagine Pies supporters with banners now saying "In Spud We Trust".
Spud?

Was wondering if he had a nickname that wasn't Sammy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

aflife

Team Captain
Aug 25, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
VFL will be raided next year looking for 25 year old recruits after watching this bloke.

May 4, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Other
Ripper player so far this year.

Loved when he and Pendles worked it out in the 1st qtr from just inside the defensive 50. Thought he was just going to kick it down the line 2 or 3 times, but he kept super calm, eventually gave to Pendles who then gave it back to Dwyer who was able to run it out. I'd guess most other players would have just thrown it on the boot.

HFF

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Liverpool, FC Bayern
Best 22 material easily.

What a find. Simply outstanding vs Cats. Poise, gut running, super ball use, scoreboard impact and class.

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its as if he has taken Wellinghams role in the team. Yet it still being early days ,I rate him higher than wellers.

As someone said , I feel safe as houses when hes kicking it in the forward line , always makes the right choice

Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wouldn't that be a story. BT mentioned how he almost gave up footy.

He nearly gave up VFL to chase the coin in local leagues but Ayresy talked him in to staying, reckon he'd be pretty stoked with his decision. As the Port Melbourne supporter above has mentioned, 2 players worth watching are Chris Cain and Josh Scipione. Seen a fair bit of Port over the past few years and both these boys can genuinely play. With the expansion teams raiding the early draft picks I'd love it if the club keeps targeting guys like Dwyer and Marto.

A guy persists with his dream for years. When given an opportunity years after most would've given up, he shines!

What's not to love? They make movies about that s**t! :)

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers/Rockies/Colts/West Ham
Sam+Dwyer+Collingwood+v+St+Kilda+xHT_Rw4_Wh8l.jpg

He's gonna make that number very famous.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Having a better year than Swan. That's huge.
Now I know who your avatar represents, I am going to regard your character as suspect and potentially unsavoury. If he turns into a more benevolent character from season 2 episode 1 onwards, then I may revise my opinion. If you update me in advance of viewing season 2, your avatar, then username, will earn an undying hatred that I will carry to my grave.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back