Speculation Sam Flanders

Remove this Banner Ad

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It’s been mentioned we would have selected him if we didn’t trade out of the draft

think the recruiter had him ahead of even serong which in hindsight not ideal but shows we rated him highly

Elmer_Judd

#Teague2020
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Wouldn't be against the cats chucking down either the gws or Essendon 2nd rounder for him if it's looking like a club is going to pull a Caldwell on them. Could use a player under 30 years old
Well Ned Flanders is 60 and that is roughly the age of playera Chris Scott likes to recruit to Geelong so i would rule the Catters out:)

Seriously, he always seemed to be a flight risk when the Suns drafted him. Reckon almost every Vic club will be chasing him.

Would be surprised if he re-signs at The Suns TBH

Joao

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
He's got Hollands to contend with at some point too.

I was a fan in his draft but hard to imagine him being interested in Perth if he did leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elmer_Judd

#Teague2020
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Is he simply no good?
Wouldn't say that. I have a nasty suspicion he is in collusion with an Vic Club (of which I have no idea who it is) to bomb out his performances this yeat, in order for his new club to get him on the cheap (aka 2nd rounder)

Just my impression. He is too good/talented to dish up the current mediocre crap he has for The Suns thus far.

Blacky

The King
May 9, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Denver Broncos & Gold City Royals
Wouldn't say that. I have a nasty suspicion he is in collusion with an Vic Club (of which I have no idea who it is) to bomb out his performances this yeat, in order for his new club to get him on the cheap (aka 2nd rounder)

Just my impression. He is too good/talented to dish up the current mediocre crap he has for The Suns thus far.
I was just asking the question. Hope he’s a gun.

Instincts

Team Captain
Sep 21, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Could bringing him in be as cheap as it was for Bonar? This is assuming we go after him and he wants to come. If there is a reason for otherwise let me know.

CatToTheFuture

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong

That's a bit tinfoil hat. Kid would be seriously putting himself at risk. What if he does an injury? What if some kids at the target club he has in mind has a break out year and they go cold? Even if it all goes to plan he's losing dollars from his contract by tanking.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
Oct 3, 2003
The East Coast
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
That's a bit tinfoil hat. Kid would be seriously putting himself at risk. What if he does an injury? What if some kids at the target club he has in mind has a break out year and they go cold? Even if it all goes to plan he's losing dollars from his contract by tanking.
Yeah, he was always a high upside but potential bust. He hadn't actually done THAT much at the junior level.

Blackhawk42

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades

The Scrimshaw move.

Remove this Banner Ad