Recommitted Sam Flanders [re-signed for 2 more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't be against the cats chucking down either the gws or Essendon 2nd rounder for him if it's looking like a club is going to pull a Caldwell on them. Could use a player under 30 years old

Well Ned Flanders is 60 and that is roughly the age of playera Chris Scott likes to recruit to Geelong so i would rule the Catters out:)

Seriously, he always seemed to be a flight risk when the Suns drafted him. Reckon almost every Vic club will be chasing him.

Would be surprised if he re-signs at The Suns TBH

If he is playing by the end of the year I think he stays. It is all about opportunity for him, should be easily filling Darcy MacPherson's spot come seasons end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he simply no good?

Wouldn't say that. I have a nasty suspicion he is in collusion with an Vic Club (of which I have no idea who it is) to bomb out his performances this yeat, in order for his new club to get him on the cheap (aka 2nd rounder)

Just my impression. He is too good/talented to dish up the current mediocre crap he has for The Suns thus far.

Wouldn't say that. I have a nasty suspicion he is in collusion with an Vic Club (of which I have no idea who it is) to bomb out his performances this yeat, in order for his new club to get him on the cheap (aka 2nd rounder)

Just my impression. He is too good/talented to dish up the current mediocre crap he has for The Suns thus far.
I was just asking the question. Hope he’s a gun.

Could bringing him in be as cheap as it was for Bonar? This is assuming we go after him and he wants to come. If there is a reason for otherwise let me know.

Could bringing him in be as cheap as it was for Bonar? This is assuming we go after him and he wants to come. If there is a reason for otherwise let me know.
AFL could well merge with Both club, cut cost .

That's a bit tinfoil hat. Kid would be seriously putting himself at risk. What if he does an injury? What if some kids at the target club he has in mind has a break out year and they go cold? Even if it all goes to plan he's losing dollars from his contract by tanking.

That's a bit tinfoil hat. Kid would be seriously putting himself at risk. What if he does an injury? What if some kids at the target club he has in mind has a break out year and they go cold? Even if it all goes to plan he's losing dollars from his contract by tanking.
Yeah, he was always a high upside but potential bust. He hadn't actually done THAT much at the junior level.

The Scrimshaw move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back