Toast Sam "Frodo" Gray

Remove this Banner Ad

As I posted in the game day thread - "Great game - hell GREAT MONTH by Sammy Gray"!!!

He has done more than enough to keep is spot on the rookie list... maybe even to be upgraded in place of Mitchell!!!

Isnt is funny that a genuine midfielder plays his best footy on ball in the midfield!!!

Well done Sammy!!!

My big thing with a lot of players I believe in has been "I hate when posters say I didn't think they would make it, but I'm glad I was proven wrong".

To counter that, I shall say:

I didn't think he would ever be AFL standard. I am absolutely dead wrong. Completely and 100%." I gave the benefit of the doubt to others to have some time to acclimate to the pace of AFL, but I was prejudiced because of Sam's size and the fact he only knew SANFL.

I was very wrong. Sam Gray is a serious footballer. I am proud of his ascent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam and Arch may be the biggest positives to come out of this admittedly awful season. Probably wouldn't have gotten the same chances had the team been performing better, absolutely awesome to see them step up and take that chance though.

Definitely. I think when we lost Wines most would think we would struggle in the midfield but both Ah Chee and Sam Gray have stepped up big time. It's a pity the likes of Moore and Young can't do the same when they been given chances this year.

I liked his game against Melbourne in Alice Springs and thought he showed something as a midfielder there. He was really strong at the ball and body, plays like a good nuggety country footballer should. So pleased that he has taken his chance the past few weeks.

I always thought Sam Gray had AFL skillset but was unsure of his size and speed but it is great to see him growing into his rightful midfield role. He's evasive, he kicks well, makes good decisions, is quick to decide, wins the hardball.

S Gray and Ah Chee. Examples of never giving up on a player until they are officially off your list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back