Toast Sam "Frodo" Gray

Remove this Banner Ad

When not played as a KPF, that is.

Yep. The issue with Sam Gray was never 'Sam Gray is crap at football', the issue was at the selection table. Pick Sam Gray alongside an effective forward structure rather than instead of one and look what happens.

I swear it needs to be stickied on this forum somewhere, No One Hates Sam Gray. What many do hate is when Ken selects him and parks him up forward for the whole game.
Nah, there are haters alright. Everyone is allowed an opinion on players and performances but, Sammy gets more s**t put on him than any other Port player. And now the back peddling begins.

Despite some genuinely ripping performances for us over the years, I've never quite had full confidence in Sam. Hard to pinpoint exactly why, I guess stems from his fairly unconvincing record in front of goal and perception as a "poor mans" small forward / midfielder which is probably unfair given the commitment and bravery he shows each week. But he was outstanding last night - clean, quick, savvy and importantly finished off his work.

Despite some genuinely ripping performances for us over the years, I've never quite had full confidence in Sam. Hard to pinpoint exactly why, I guess stems from his fairly unconvincing record in front of goal and perception as a "poor mans" small forward / midfielder which is probably unfair given the commitment and bravery he shows each week. But he was outstanding last night - clean, quick, savvy and importantly finished off his work.
That’s fine ! What I can’t stand is the pure unadulterated hatred shown towards Sam that gets pedalled by many of the so called Port supporters! You could perhaps include Karl Amon as a target for the haters out there, but today that piano is now playing a different tune! Funny about that!

Last edited:
When Marshall got dropped for Sam Gray before round 3.
Please Ken have Ebert as that strong marking target, with Sam Gray playing wing/half forward instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back