Toast Sam "Frodo" Gray

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d love him just to tidy up his field play brain farts but it’s a high pressure game and everyone will make em. His seem more noticeable for some reason.
This - I like him as a forward, I cringe when he is a link player.

I am Sam. I am Sam. Sam-I-Am.

That Sam-I-Am! That Sam-I-Am! I do not like that Sam-I-Am!

Do you like Gray Robbie and Sam?

I do not like that Sam-I-Am.
I do like Gray Robbie, not Sam.

Would you like them here or there?

I would not like them here or there.
I would not like them anywhere.
I do like Gray Robbie, not Sam.

Would you play him while sane?
Would you play him in Brisbane?
Would you? Could you? For a tall?
Play him! Play him! It is football!

I would not, could not, for a tall.

You may like him. It will be fine.
You may like him in the forward line!

I would not, could not in the forward line.
Not for a tall! It shivers my spine.
I will not play him while sane.
I do not like him in Brisbane.
I do not like him here or there.
I do not like him anywhere!
I do like Gray Robbie, not Sam!

You do not like him. So you say.
Try him! Try him! And you may.
Try him and you may, I say.

Sam! If you let me be,
I will try him. You will see.
Say! I like Gray Robbie AND Sam!
I do! I like that Sam-I-Am!

He is so good, so good, you see!
So I will play him for a tall.
And I will let him play football.
And I will let him play the sport.
And I will play him in for Port.
And I will play him while sane.
And I will play him in Brisbane.
And I will play him here and there.
Say! I will play him anywhere!
I do so like Gray Robbie and Sam!
Thank you! Thank you, Sam-I-Am.

----

Go get them, Sam!

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ken must have been absolutely squealing with delight, to have an excuse to bring in Sam. "rewards good form" ha... only when it suits him.

He didn't reward form when Brett Eddy won the Ken Farmer, did he?

This is nothing on Sam. He played his best footy as a midfielder and was consistently a below average forward. The reality is though, we have a lot of depth in that position and he was not a need for this game.
Hinkley choosing him time and time again as a ******* forward has ruined Sam's career. There's this weird idea that the current staff have about not playing players to their strengths and throwing them into these s**t positions they don't know how to play.

It's so depressing when one of these 'told ya so' moments happen. Came in at the expense of height in the forward line, provides next to nothing whilst we dominate inside 50s but can't capitalise largely due to lack of height, lose close, rinse and repeat, bla bla bla. Getting boring to be frank.

I think that might be it for Sammy... Always a favourite of mine but just doesn’t quite have enough tricks for his size.

:(

It's so depressing when one of these 'told ya so' moments happen. Came in at the expense of height in the forward line, provides next to nothing whilst we dominate inside 50s but can't capitalise largely due to lack of height, lose close, rinse and repeat, bla bla bla. Getting boring to be frank.

And you just watch Hinkley double down and select him again for Richmond. Not to do so would be an admission he got it wrong.

And you just watch Hinkley double down and select him again for Richmond. Not to do so would be an admission he got it wrong.
I don’t even think he was that bad, compare him to Brad Ebert or Drew or Motlop and yes he is worse, but barely so.

It’s just that in one offseason we’ve seen Butters, Amon, Duursma, Drew and Rozee all breeze past him with Mayes, Atley and even Trengove likely to do the same.

I was eager to see what Sam could produce in a new look side, but unless I’m missing something he just didn’t look nearly good enough today and that might be his last chance.

Mayes or Trengove instead and I think we’d all be celebrating instead of commiserating. Though in fairness I reckon we could say the same for Wines’ inclusion as well, and unlike Sam, Ollie actually got to decide whether he played AFL or SANFL.

I was eager to see what Sam could produce in a new look side, but unless I’m missing something he just didn’t look nearly good enough today and that might be his last chance.

His JLT game against the crows in Port Pirie gave us a fair indication of where he fir. There were a lot of quick, fluent thrusts forward in that game too, and just about everything that went through Sam Gray killed the movement.

He wasn't picked for the North Melbourne game at Alberton and i just assumed the coaches could see what we all saw and barring an injury catastrophe that was probably it for Sam Gray. But no......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back