Uncontracted Sam Frost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BJK#5

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Smith for Frost sounds pretty close...
With Impey going down at the end of the season Smith becomes very much a required player and would hope we would look to retain him. Should have no issues getting a deal done without losing Smith.

catman2006

Premiership Player
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith
With Impey going down at the end of the season Smith becomes very much a required player and would hope we would look to retain him. Should have no issues getting a deal done without losing Smith.
Think Melb will offer him a contract

hawkermitch

Team Captain
May 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Isaac Smith is contracted for 2020. Impey injury means he stays - Sam Frost OOC but unsigned is an okay play for depth I guess.
Any reason why he is still OOC and the cost to get him?

demondavey

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Makes sense that he is offered something long term but I’d really like to keep him. May & Lever are very unreliable body wise and Frost can play alongside them.

Farm Boy

Premiership Player
Dec 6, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Makes sense that he is offered something long term but I’d really like to keep him. May & Lever are very unreliable body wise and Frost can play alongside them.
Nothing to suggest that May (since he has been at Melbourne) and Lever (since he has came back from injury), are up to the level Frost shown this year. Melbourne would be silly to trade away their best defender.

demondavey

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nothing to suggest that May (since he has been at Melbourne) and Lever (since he has came back from injury), are up to the level Frost shown this year. Melbourne would be silly to trade away their best defender.
Fully fit may and Lever are our best two, but Frost is a very good defender who we need.

BJK#5

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Frost as they spent time to develop unless they really want rid of him
I have no doubt he will get an offer but if he is yet to receive one i think it would be safe to say he isn't a priority to for them.

Would be a decent pick up at the right price but if he is happy to stay at the Demons he isn't the sort of player we would want to over pay for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dez!

Hall of Famer
Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
The only issue May had were injuries, when he played he was excellent.

Can't really see Frost leaving after cementing himself in the side.

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
Don't rate him as highly as some other MFC supporters, he is a good average player at best. Has some real strengths (Pace) and big weaknesses (Horrible judge of the ball in the air, decision making).

Elmer_Judd

#Teague2020
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Not worth more than a 3rd round pick if he left the Demons. Melbourne seem keen to move him own, whixh naturally decreases his trade value

Marc_Remillard

Angel of the Abyss
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Poor one on one and suspect decision making but takes the game on and is very quick

Pretty good this year, got better as the season went on

Can't see us trading him unless he wants to go

tiger_tough

Team Captain
Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I reckon hed be a good get for hawks and Dees would be silly to let him go. Ideally you want he and May taking the key forwards to free up Lever. Don't rate Oscar McDonald.

Just needs to play within his limits as he often bites of more than he can chew.

kreglze

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Would be great for us, need a KPD that is quick and provide some rebound, would complement our negating gorillas in Collins and Thompson.

However, his disposal may be an issue.

Last edited:

CWaffles

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
I reckon hed be a good get for hawks and Dees would be silly to let him go. Ideally you want he and May taking the key forwards to free up Lever. Don't rate Oscar McDonald.

Just needs to play within his limits as he often bites of more than he can chew.
Don't think you will find a football fan that does, he is hopeless.

Top Bottom