Traded Sam Frost [traded with #42, #61 & 2020 4th to Hawthorn for #50 and 2020 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you had knowledge of footy you would know why this is a dumb measurement.

Frawley played forward for us in his last year. Goes into the back like and has the room to chip sideways and improve his disposal efficiency

But yeah Hawks are magic 🤙

He played intermittently forward for us throughout that year. Either way, his last year in defense with you guys had him at 78% DE. Still close to a 10% improvement.

You were saying?

He played intermittently forward for us throughout that year. Either way, his last year in defense with you guys had him at 78% DE. Still close to a 10% improvement.

You were saying?

He played forward for every week but 2 for us in a 3 win side. The year before he played deep in defence in a 2 win side.

Hawthorn built from defence by chipping it around safely.

He played forward for every week but 2 for us in a 3 win side. The year before he played deep in defence in a 2 win side.

Hawthorn built from defence by chipping it around safely.

So we trained him to chip it around safely and use the ball well. Thanks!

Frost will do very well for Hawthorn, his short kicking is actually pretty good and he's been gradually conditioned to take those short options. History will reflect on this trade as being a shocker for the Dees. Unless Hawthorn finish bottom 4 in 2020.

That doesn't make him a better kick. That makes him a more conservative kick.

His DE was probably higher than Sam Mitchell doesn't make him a better kick

Half of good kicking is just decision making which we clearly improved. I understand positional difference means higher disposal efficiency, but to imply that no progression was made on his disposal is just wrong. Particularly considering less of his disposal was in the defensive half for the hawks in 2015 than it was for the Demons in 2013.

I was keen on delisting Glass and Mackenzie early as they were both making so many skill and decision errors. They both learnt to work within their kicking limitations. I have learnt to give talls some time.
Key defensive posts are very tough.
Glass was a 2x AA at Frost's age.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back