Traded Sam Frost [traded with #42, #61 & 2020 4th to Hawthorn for #50 and 2020 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't want Frosty to go, mainly because it means Oscar McDonald is one place closer to getting a regular game.

Frost is a hard player to place. He does some awesome things and is a very impressive athlete, but then half a minute later he will s**t the bed and cough up a goal.

She’s quite cute. Was terrible on radio but the missus says she’s okay on Home And Away.

Neighbours should offer their second rounder. They’re also light on for experience so if they could somehow trade their first to Home and Away for Sam Frost and Georgie Parker, they’d have next years logie within their reach.

Who else do you have to play as the 2nd tall?

I was talking about Oscar, certainly hope we keep Frost. He and May as our Key backs to free lever up, Hore can play further up the ground and drop back when required.

i really don't see Oscar getting many games next year except for injury to one of our other key defenders.

I want my KPD to be a stopper. His pace out of defence is just a bonus. I think if Frost gets us a pick 25-35 i'd take it. I'd then look for a cheap KPD that has the brains to understand his role in the structure of defence - or just play Petty back again. I'd then look to add in a running rebound defender with skill to either replace Hibberd, or play alongside him. Tomlinson might just be that player, KK, Hore, Jordon, Joel Smith hopefully can be those players too. The run and kicking out of deefense should come from them, not Frost.

I know the club doesnt have tentacles enough to pull off a lot of trades, but i really hope we don't go into next year with OMAC inplace of Frost. At least get Petty back there and bring in a KPF like Jenkins, Bruce, Casboult for 2 years. Or bring in Ben King.

Last edited:
... isn't Sam Frost terrible? What am I missing?
He had a great season. It's still heart in mouth stuff when he's got the footy but takes the game on and has great raw speed and strength. Defensive work also massively improved.
He's become a fan favourite which is why Dees fans are so against losing him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t Clarkson once say “Can’t kick, can’t play”? Makes interest in Frost bizarre.

I heard Frost on radio today, talk about a bloke who has an inflated opinion of his own ability. It is one thing to be confident it is quite another to be delusional.

He has always been like that, we rookie listed him and put a lot of time and effort into him only to see him go home like a baby.

He is one of those players that has very good specs (speed, physical attributes, tank) but is actually a very average player with limited footy sense.

If Clarkson turns him into a star it will be a greater feat than his Premiership heroics.

Didn’t Clarkson once say “Can’t kick, can’t play”? Makes interest in Frost bizarre.

I heard Frost on radio today, talk about a bloke who has an inflated opinion of his own ability. It is one thing to be confident it is quite another to be delusional.

He has always been like that, we rookie listed him and put a lot of time and effort into him only to see him go home like a baby.

He is one of those players that has very good specs (speed, physical attributes, tank) but is actually a very average player with limited footy sense.

If Clarkson turns him into a star it will be a greater feat than his Premiership heroics.

Is that why Hawthorn recruited Tom Mitchell and Worpel? :think:

There are many current Hawthorn players who aren’t good kicks.

An athletic beast (speed and agility for his size is insane) but lacking in footy nous. Did improve significantly this year but skills and decision making are still questionable at best.

I will be surprised if any of the clubs showing interest would offer significantly more than us. Would be a shame to see him go but wouldn't have thought he's worth a big pay packet to any team.

An athletic beast (speed and agility for his size is insane) but lacking in footy nous. Did improve significantly this year but skills and decision making are still questionable at best.

I will be surprised if any of the clubs showing interest would offer significantly more than us. Would be a shame to see him go but wouldn't have thought he's worth a big pay packet to any team.
What pick would you value him at?

Is that why Hawthorn recruited Tom Mitchell and Worpel? :think:

There are many current Hawthorn players who aren’t good kicks.
He means the Hawks team that won the three-peat & had pin point kicking the focal point of their game plan.

What pick would you value him at?

I think it will depend a lot on what kind of contract he gets offers for. He has some great weapons but also some big negatives about his game so it's a hard one.
But if a club will offer him a big contract then that will increase his value

Remove this Banner Ad

Back