Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Stupid is how you read it.
The point I made is he was there for back.up incase of injury and he didnt even do that, obviously because he was injured and when he wasnt his form wasnt flash.
But carry on.
He plays games early, when everyone else is injured. Then he gets injured himself - blame Burton & Hass, not Gibson or the decision to recruit him. By the time he returns our injury list is on the wane and he's no longer required.

In other words, he did exactly what he was recruited for.

Like I said... your argument is monumentally stupid. You're just looking for a pitiful excuse to take potshots at the club, as you invariably do. Your next positive post will be the first in your 11,795 post history.

We internally laude our drafting, development and leadership programs. So why was there any need for him?

Because otherwise we'd have to play *shudder* inexperienced players.

It's like the old job seeker conundrum down at West Lakes. To get picked you need to have played more games, but to play more games you need to get picked.

simmo97

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Because otherwise we'd have to play *shudder* inexperienced players.

It's like the old job seeker conundrum down at West Lakes. To get picked you need to have played more games, but to play more games you need to get picked.

really there are quite few players in our best 22 who got games straight away.

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
At the time, I thought Gibson was going to be a good acquisition. Wasn't it pick 93?
Gibson never starred at NM but was top-10 more often than not. His reputation for fitness, detailed preparation, professionalism and team-first ethic preceded him. You don't get that, unearned.
Then Hass got his hamstring-snapping hands on poor Sam, breaking his 130-consecutive-games streak, poor bugger.

Thanks for trying, Sam. I'll bet your behind-the-scenes example did not go amiss in the clubrooms. All the best!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back