Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
Hadn't seen any news on this.

Likely will play as SANFL captain similar to what Scott Thompson did this year at Adelaide. For pick 91, there's zero risk :thumbsu:

Having said that, Adelaide have delisted Menzel (who looked good early in the year) but added Gibson. Different roles, but interesting list management none the less.

Menzel was on a lot of money if we took his option for another year. Gibson is depth that costs us base salary and a pick we wouldn’t use. Not bad cover as he has shown to be reliable and is apparently a good trainer and influence on the younger guys.
Do you expect him to be SANFL captain, or at least a senior player like Thompson was this year? Or is he expected to be best 22?

Do you expect him to be SANFL captain, or at least a senior player like Thompson was this year? Or is he expected to be best 22?

Will play the Thompson role as depth but has more strings to his bow and more run left in his legs. Not sure about captaincy, could be someone like Otten, Cheney or Beech.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pleased for Gibson and wondered if we shouldn't pick him up as value. I get the pick was notional but dont understand why he wasn't taken as a DFA. I get get technically he's contracted to the end of October but why trade at all? Curious if someone gets why.

He may not find selection as easy at another club. Surely will be purely tagging if they go down that path. Worth a crack at 91 for a team close.
Yeah won't play every game. Still I really like players that get most out of themselves and every club can use players like that.

Yeah won't play every game. Still I really like players that get most out of themselves and every club can use players like that.
True.

He may have got the most out of himself but he largely benefited from atrocious and weak selection and coaching.

He should've been dropped many times and he epitomizes the 'photos' term.

Could make a handy tagger but similar to Swallow was never told his limitations and often reduced onfield standards. Hope he does well but he's overrated thanks to Brad Scott and BT's crush on him.

I think Adelaide gave up too much for Gibbs and that this is a silly trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back