Sam Gray

Remove this Banner Ad

Tough contract to negotiate this one, as I suspect Sam’s utility post-Ken diminishes rapidly.

If someone offers us a high second rounder we should shake their hand Mark Latham style to seal the deal.

I mean he’s essentially in career best form and has had interest from other clubs in the past IIRC. Gotta strike while the iron is hot.

I suspect he would stay for the right deal but contract length could make him leave ala Polec/Pearce.

I suspect it’s a win-win for the club here. A second or third round pick would be good value and signing him would also be good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Sammy wants a longer deal it's because he knows the writing is on the wall with the youngsters coming through.

He will be playing the Trengove role in the SANFL before long which is about where his talents sits. Hes a great SANFL player and a good AFL depth/role player and a great club man.

If he gets longer and decides to go then it will be sad to see him go but probably for both parties.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Sammy wants a 5 year deal because he knows the writing is on the wall with the youngsters coming through
!!!!!

I would’ve thought the situation was that we offer 1 year, he wants 2

Anything more is madness

All players overrate themselves.

Amon talking about how he was annoyed he hadn’t been given a spot in our best 18 in the past couple of seasons says it all really.

Already better then Barrett lol
If: you're a 27yo footballer
Then: you're going to want to get the best contact you can

Sam Gray's next contract will be a real sliding doors moment for the club

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back