Sam Gray

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeremy Clayton was mentioned in article regarding the delisting of Sam Gray, saying the club had treated Gray with disdain.

Having checked Clayton's Twitter feed, when did he become a supporter of Port Adelaide at AFL level? He was one of a few Magpie players who trashed the AFL brand for years.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Does he have inside knowledge of the contract negotiations, and what ultimately transpired? i doubt it! Like many he just sees the surface facts, and forms an opinion ... 'Poor hard-working Port-guy is hard done by by nasty Ports.'

Must more to it than that. The only thing I am cheesed off with, is that they have only now started to take the hard line. Poor Sammy just chose the wrong time for his side to act tough!

How is Pudney a ruthless delisting? We might not even fill the other Cat B spots because our club is trying to squeeze every penny.

This is one of those rumours that one person says and everyone runs with.

If we were trying to squeeze every penny, why would we have been in for Coniglio as a FA this year? Why would we have offered Tomlinson the most money?

It's done

Can see Sam doing well at the SCG. Its a simple game up there, get to the feet of Buddy as he is the target about 52% of entries inside 50 to a player, and you will get the ball plenty of times.

This is the canary in the coal mine about the list management team and Ken not at all being on the same page. If Ken keeps picking his guys ahead of their’s, they’ll remove the ability his ability to choose

This is the canary in the coal mine about the list management team and Ken not at all being on the same page. If Ken keeps picking his guys ahead of their’s, they’ll remove the ability his ability to choose

We currently have a situation where the football department is taking the long term view and the head coach is taking the short term view. This impairs the club's ability to achieve its objectives and is a demonstrable lack of leadership at executive level. Fix it Ports.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear "the Power", Gray seems a semi handy player to delist. He'll be in our best 22 for sure. Did he get on the nose of some of the coaches for some reason?
Sam is a great club man, a hard worker and an almost player.

He will play some great games for you against lesser opposition and let you down at the final hurdle against quality opposition.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Dear "the Power", Gray seems a semi handy player to delist. He'll be in our best 22 for sure. Did he get on the nose of some of the coaches for some reason?

Few rumours. Company line is we are rebuilding and have 3-4 other small forwards aged between 18 and 20 that we rate highly and want to give game time to ahead of Gray next year.
Our theory is the coach loved him and would play him every game next year in an attempt to keep his job by scraping into 8th spot. List management would rather get game time into a young player and build for a few years down the track. Delist gray and the coach cant select him anymore. Problem solved.

Sammy is decent. He is average-good at just about everything but isnt great at anything.

Weren't Sydney just as fussy in their media guide - Sydney Swans, not Sydney FC, or Swans, or Swannies, etc.

Funny how we're the only ones copping s**t for this...
Yep Sydney, St Kilda and Geelong are as pedantic as Port and the rest varying degrees less than these 4

See all at

1572695826865.png

1572695850083.png

1572695891986.png

Bit pissed we couldn't get a deal done to get something in return but not worried about him being moved on. I wish him all the best always gave his best good luck.

Nice to see Sam thank Port for giving him his opportunity at AFL level for the past few years like Dougal did.

Oh, he hasn’t done that? How peculiar.

After Davies put the boot in Sammy has every right to stay quiet.

Davies put the boot in because Sam was completely unrealistic in his contract demands and was actively seeking to leave the club.

It shows that he thought a little too much of himself. If Port hadn’t picked him as a rookie he’d be another Zane Kirkwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back