Sam Gray

Remove this Banner Ad

"Of course I was shocked, I got gifted 20 games this season but only got offed a 1 year deal, it made no sense for that to happen"
Round 23 we played a dead rubber with S Gray, Ryder and Broadbent while leaving the one player we decided to trade out who had any value in the seconds. Meanwhile made the brave decision to bring in McKenzie for his one game for the year.

You know coz young team

Not sure there was a long term plan with regards to list management coming out of the coaches box

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Few rumours. Company line is we are rebuilding and have 3-4 other small forwards aged between 18 and 20 that we rate highly and want to give game time to ahead of Gray next year.
Our theory is the coach loved him and would play him every game next year in an attempt to keep his job by scraping into 8th spot. List management would rather get game time into a young player and build for a few years down the track. Delist gray and the coach cant select him anymore. Problem solved.

Sammy is decent. He is average-good at just about everything but isnt great at anything.
Do list management really have that much autonomy? You are sorta making it sound like the coaches are the House of Representatives, List Management are the Senate and unless there is a majority in both they can work against each other. I kinda got the idea that Hinkley had a Putin kind of influence over both camps at the end of the day. As much as coaches might like to deflect journalists on contractual questions by saying player contracts are out of there hands and being worked out by list management etc.

Do list management really have that much autonomy? You are sorta making it sound like the coaches are the House of Representatives, List Management are the Senate and unless there is a majority in both they can work against each other. I kinda got the idea that Hinkley had a Putin kind of influence over both camps at the end of the day. As much as coaches might like to deflect journalists on contractual questions by saying player contracts are out of there hands and being worked out by list management etc.
Nah list managers make the decision
They consult the coaches and head of football. So Davies, cripps and Ken come together.

There is an interview with our old list manager Craig coombes (great guy and terrible personal life for him unfortunately).

Talked about the relationship between coach and list manager.

Coaches do have a big influence. But it's the list managers job at the end of the day. Since you know... they are "list managers".

I would say the 2nd theory of list managers vs ken in the gray situation probably isn't correct. But it's possible. Especially considering our selections of gray late in the season even though he was gone.

But Sammy said he was told by Ken in his exit interview that he should leave.

All I know is that the selection of gray so much last year over the development of farrell was dumb.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you’re going to troll maybe don’t pretend to be Glenn gray in a just made up account named after Leanne gray selecting the crows as your team when they dislike the crows and even if they supposedly now held a grudge against port (where both of their sons played many games) they would count themselves as Swan fans lol.

I mean it took two goes at posting and then to quote a post and talk about something that wasn’t even said in that post.

how meth-addled is your tiny brain?

if you’re going to troll maybe don’t pretend to be Glenn gray in a just made up account named after Leanne gray selecting the crows as your team when they dislike the crows and even if they supposedly now held a grudge against port (where both of their sons played many games) they would count themselves as Swan fans lol.

I mean it took two goes at posting and then to quote a post and talk about something that wasn’t even said in that post.

how meth-addled is your tiny brain?

dean Laidley level

sam was never offered a contract,he was told if he stayed he would be playing more sanfl than afl. i say get your facts straight & expect you to apologize to sam for your rude comments regards sams dad glenn gray
how would he stay if he wasn't offered a contract?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back