Past Sam 'Horse' Michael (2012-2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Michael

Sam was Mr Fit-It again this week. He started back, then went forward when Lisle went off at half-time. Then when Leuey was managed off, he had a bit of time in ruck. He got 19 touches, so is getting hold of the footy, and took a couple of nice marks.

---------------------
I assume its Mr Fix-It

This maybe what saves Sam - being available to fill three key roles.

I hope so!

I remember when he hit that patch of form where he was looking like becoming a dominant forward at the lower level. I think it was around the end of 2011 or 2012. I thought he was our most influential player in that final series and I had such high hopes. Hasn't reached those heights since.

Living proof that being tall strong and very fit may not be enough to make it at AFL level. We brought in pods to take some pressure off Walkers return from injury. While hes been disappointing at best up forward, hes earned his spot dropping back in red time and saving goals. I wonder if this would be a role that would suit SHM

It looks like Sam will get a go with Essendon for the NAB Cup. I hope he goes well and shows he is worth another chance. He always seemed like a pretty funny bloke on Lions TV

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-24/exlion-a-topup-don

FORMER Brisbane Lions ruckman Sam Michael is set to become the latest player join Essendon as a top-up player for the NAB Challenge.

Michael played three games for the Lions in 2013 and has been in positive discussions with the Bombers in recent days.

Essendon football operations manager Rob Kerr selected Michael in 2012 as a rookie when Kerr was list manager at the Brisbane Lions.

AFL confirms Dons will play in NAB Challenge

He told the club's website the 21-year-old could play a number of roles.

"He'd be a handy back-up for either ruck or key position," Kerr said.

What a guy

Michael_Pose-hero.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad he gets another chance. Seem like a nice guy.

.... although didn't like how he said Essendons facility was a more step up from the Gabba's. I know it's probably true but yeah, just didnt think he needed to say that. Plus, we all know what's going on at essendons "facility"

Sounds like Essendon are keen on Sammy.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-24/exlion-a-topup-don

The most interesting part: apparently Sam has grown 3cm since he was with us.

Michael, 22, managed only three games in three seasons at the Lions, but at 202cm he has the ability to play in the ruck and forward.

With Matthew Leuenberger running laps as he recovers from an achilles complaint, Michael went head-to-head with exciting youngster Gach Nyuon, as well as Corey McKernan.

Gach was dominant from the centre, using his vertical leap to great advantage, but he was monstered around the ground by Michael, who held an 18 kilogram advantage.

His name got brought up. :D
Sounds like he put in a good showing in the Bombers intra-club game today.

I know Redlands were disappointed in his season last year considering he would've been on big money and their marquee signing. The fact that he came out and showed something today would annoy the hell out of them I imagine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back